noise on arapahoe dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevie621

While monitoring the Arapahoe dispatch channel,sometimes I hear a blast of noise. It is as if the squelch is turned all the way counter clock wise. This blast is for about 2 or 3 seconds. And when it happens it is usually a car calling in because the dispatcher answers him. And sometimes she doesn't answer. So it could be a combination of things. I wonder if they cut down on some power to the transmitters because I hear the cars calling in and she says "You are all digital." And of course it makes that funny bird sound. Well what do you think.

rckydenver

What digital radio are using? Is it a braaap sound? Sometimes that normal I get that on either the Pro 96 and the BCD396T...Got like the Dispatch side that usually say, "Please repeat you where all digital".

stevie621

I am using the pro-2096. I think Thayne found the trouble. I am blind and he listened to arapahoe for a while. He was able to watch the scanner and found that it makes that noise when ever it receives the tower lookout mountain. So I am going to ask Jim to lock that out for me.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
stevie621 said:
I am using the pro-2096. I think Thayne found the trouble. I am blind and he listened to arapahoe for a while. He was able to watch the scanner and found that it makes that noise when ever it receives the tower lookout mountain. So I am going to ask Jim to lock that out for me.

You certainly should not need Lookout Mtn CC to monitor Arap County from your area Steve.

Jim<

k0pwo

Premium Subscriber
That noise that you speak of that is sometimes heard at the beginning of the conversation of Arapahoe County SO 1 is not a problem with your scanner. It is also heard on astro capable Motorola radios. I am guessing its something within the sytem. Whether it is there on purpose or not I cannot say. I do know though that it is heard on the system motorola radios.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.