Lakewood TRS issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RFsponge

Hello all-

I'm wondering if anyone has had similar problems monitoring Lakewood. I've got control channels (or at least the audio from them) popping up as regular talkgroups on my 296D. The radio will just sit on them for long periods, with audible control channel, unless I hit 'RSM.' It'll behave normally for a few cycles and then the problem repeats. Each time identifying a different TG, including West Metro Fire Dispatch on more than one occassion. My 996T does not have this problem, and all it's settings are duplicated in my 296D.

I'm wondering if something about the addition of the Green Mountain site has changed my 296D's scanning performance. Firmware upgrade? It's the only thing that I can think of that has changed about Lakewood in recent memory.

Also, I have all freq's in the DB programmed into both radios. Should I lock out non-cc freqs, like APCO 25 systems? Don't know enough about how EDACS works, but all freqs programmed in dosen't seem to affect my 996T.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thayne

You have to treat the 2 sites as different systems, because there are 2 different EDACS CC's, Why not just listen to the old Green mtn site?

RISC777

Two separate systems, yes. If you added the 'newer' in the same system with the 'older,' that will definitely cause problems.

[The newer system I can receive much better (on three different Unidens). So I've locked out the older system.]

Locking out other systems or frequencies shouldn't impact reception. It just may that one Lakewood system you'll receive much better than the other, so pick which one you receive best and stick with it.

RFsponge

Thanks!

Well there you go! I guess I had an APCO-25 mindset when looking at the DB. Thought I needed both sites to properly monitor the system. Thanks all for the help!

Thayne

I thought somebody said the newer site might not always have some of the talkgroups show up on it at times, maybe someone could verify or refute? :)

RISC777

Thayne said:
I thought somebody said the newer site might not always have some of the talkgroups show up on it at times, maybe someone could verify or refute? :)
I'll turn both on and see. As far as I've seen so far, all TGs are on both. More later.

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
One more time guys. The new (Wheatridge) MT. Morrison site only simulcasts West Metro Fire full time. LPD, WRPD and WRFD are only heard when someone roams on the Mt. Morrison site and these groups are definetly not full time simulcast.

If you have no reception issues with the Green Mtn (Main) site stick with the Green Mtn site.

Phil.

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
Thanks for the info Phil. I added it to the Lakewood DB.

Status
Not open for further replies.