What Happened to Federal Heights Channels????

Status
Not open for further replies.

vcorlone

What happened to Federal Heights Channels?? The other day they were working fine, but now no communications. I even opened my bank with the F-5 function on my pro-96, but still no communications. I don't think they could go pro-voice, since they already have upgraded their equipment to the APCO-25, & it's not it the citys budget. If anyone can help w/ my problem, it sure stumps me.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
vcorlone said:
What happened to Federal Heights Channels?? The other day they were working fine, but now no communications. I even opened my bank with the F-5 function on my pro-96, but still no communications. I don't think they could go pro-voice, since they already have upgraded their equipment to the APCO-25, & it's not it the citys budget. If anyone can help w/ my problem, it sure stumps me.

They are still there logging them now off Thorodin and Lookout both but more and more of there radios are appearing on the Site 322 700MHz site as well.

Jim<

SCPD

QRT
A lot of the time they are on the 700 MHz only site (322) exclusively.

Last edited:

vcorlone

Update:

After writing this post, I noticed a little communication from the regular channels, but not enough. It may because what I learning that they may have partally switched to the 700 mhz channels, & since I have only a pro-96, & that they haven't made a scanner capible of tracking 700 mhz (so that what I've heard) nor the pro-voice system which is now being used in aurora.

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
Since most of Federal Heights is in line of site of the Thornton Civic Center the radios in the field are going to affiliate with 700 only site 322. Only options for 700 scanners are Uniden 396 and 996. Radio Shack dropped the ball big time.

Forget about having pro-voice on a scanner. M/A-Com is very aggressive about their proprietary technologies and are not about to license pro-voice to the scanner manufacturers.

Phil.

Status
Not open for further replies.