Pepsi Center frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

RFsponge

Is there anywhere to find, or any reason to submit, Pepsi Center frequencies in the RR DB? I looked and didn't find them. Did I miss them? I spent the evening in the bowels of the place last night and logged some freqs. Not sure if they'd be permanently assigned to the facility or are brought in by the guys in yellow coats. Pretty dry, except for one poor woman who had to wrestle with an underage, drunk girl they ejected. DPD had to get involved in that one as the "parent" was also in trouble for letting their kid drink. He was also ejected, but I don't know if he was arrested. He should've been!

But I digress. I'm thinking if the Democratic National Convention comes to town (God help us all - I'm sorry, was that out loud?) those freqs might be useful.

Thanks!
Rob

cstockmyer

RFsponge said:
Is there anywhere to find, or any reason to submit, Pepsi Center frequencies in the RR DB? I looked and didn't find them. Did I miss them? I spent the evening in the bowels of the place last night and logged some freqs. Not sure if they'd be permanently assigned to the facility or are brought in by the guys in yellow coats. Pretty dry, except for one poor woman who had to wrestle with an underage, drunk girl they ejected. DPD had to get involved in that one as the "parent" was also in trouble for letting their kid drink. He was also ejected, but I don't know if he was arrested. He should've been!

But I digress. I'm thinking if the Democratic National Convention comes to town (God help us all - I'm sorry, was that out loud?) those freqs might be useful.

Thanks!
Rob

DPD uses a tac channel for their goings on at the can. Not sure about the others.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Between lodging, union and fund raising issues I don't think it's going to happen.

EMS = Stadium Medical on Pepsi Center UHF radios
PD = DPD on Pepsi Center UHF radios
Fire = DFD on Pepsi Center UHF radios

Jim<

captaincraig44

Premium Subscriber
I doubt the DNC will make a showing here. But, please do submit the freqs to the DB. That's why we got it, right? :) Or at the least, send them my way!

RFsponge

Craig-

Here's four that I was able to ID:

461.5625 Medical
461.7875 Safety
466.1125 Guest Services Concourse
469.4125 Guest Services Floor

I will also submit them to the DB.

"Medical" may be an ambulance service brought in for games. As I think I've heard that freq in other places.

"Safety" was able to summon DPD on "their radio" for the underage drunk girl. I saw a lot of DPD guys using Nextel in walkie-talkie mode, so I'd bet that's what "their radio" is.

"Floor" and "Concourse" are my assumptions. But the concourse frequency dealt with all the food and beverage vendors on the concourse, including shutting them down at the start of the fourth quarter. The floor seemed to handle things down next to the court.

Again, I'm not sure if these freqs live at Pepsi Center or if the yellow coats bring them along when they work there.

With Alan Iverson coming in, I'm sure I'll have another opportunity to nail these down some more.

Has this been a crazy week for the Nuggets or what?

Rob

captaincraig44

Premium Subscriber
I know that 461.5625 is pretty active at all times, games or not. It's licensed to "Stadium Management" and from what I've heard on it over the past few weeks, it's all kinds of traffic. Often it sounds like security with a dispatch checking on the status of various units and rooms.
Thanks for the posting, Rob!

RFsponge

Now that you mention it...

captaincraig44 said:
I know that 461.5625 is pretty active at all times, games or not. It's licensed to "Stadium Management" and from what I've heard on it over the past few weeks, it's all kinds of traffic.

Ah! That fired a neuron in the ol' brain cavity! When I am running around in Invesco during Bronco games, there is always an ambulance parked in the SW tunnel marked "Stadium Ambulance." It was used to take that Bronco with that scary neck injury to SAC a couple of weeks ago. (Sorry- not really a Bronco's fan.) So yeah, I'd bet that freq is used, at least by them, by their paramedics running around to events and not assigned to the Pepsi Center facility.

Thanks!
Rob

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
RFsponge said:
Ah! That fired a neuron in the ol' brain cavity! When I am running around in Invesco during Bronco games, there is always an ambulance parked in the SW tunnel marked "Stadium Ambulance." It was used to take that Bronco with that scary neck injury to SAC a couple of weeks ago. (Sorry- not really a Bronco's fan.) So yeah, I'd bet that freq is used, at least by them, by their paramedics running around to events and not assigned to the Pepsi Center facility.

Thanks!
Rob

Better yet players get Stadium Medical at Invesco and the drunk fan's get DG complete with bike medics and an ER doc onscene.

Jim<

Status
Not open for further replies.