New toy questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

cstockmyer

I got a new toy, a BC246T. I was wondering if someone here could give me some tips for using it in Colorado?

Also what is Firmware?

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
Your data says you're in Greenwood Village...if thats so, you're going to be VERY restricted as to what you can listen to. Almost the entire front range, including the Denver metro area, operates on some type of digital radio system, and your scanner will not pick-up digital transmissions.

cstockmyer

firescannerbob said:
Your data says you're in Greenwood Village...if thats so, you're going to be VERY restricted as to what you can listen to. Almost the entire front range, including the Denver metro area, operates on some type of digital radio system, and your scanner will not pick-up digital transmissions.

Yep that's right. I just can't afford digital at this point. Plus I have family that works for DPD so they are what I listen to 99.9% of the time. I tune in Lakewood now and then too if that helps.

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
Well, it sounds like you're covered, I guess. You're post said you wanted info for "Colorado"....thats a pretty broad question.

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
Good Radio For EDACS Tracking

The Uniden 246 is great for the area EDACS systems and can monitor "I-CALL" radio traffic as well. I have the districts broken down into sub-banks in my old school Unidens for District 1, 2, 3 etc and have the console ID's by district in the scanlists for any dispatch I-CALL traffic. (using "." followed by 00501 for dist 1, 00502 for dist 2, 00503 for dist 3, 00504 for dist 4, 00505 for dist 5 and 00506 for dist 6.

The radio can be configured to search for "I-CALL only" which can be handy at times as well. You will definitely need to read the manual to get an idea how to use these features.

Uniden gets the job done when it comes to tracking EDACS systems.

Phil.

cstockmyer

OK so I got my new toy today. I have no idea how to program it, even using the software it's confusing. Is there anyone here that can help?? Maybe someone who has a 246T Denver program?? Or should I just wait till the next meeting?

Status
Not open for further replies.