Colorado Rangers Freqs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liverdog

Anyone know about radio comms (frequencies, systems, repeaters, etc) for the Colorado Rangers/ Mounted Rangers?

jeffreyinberthoud

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
here ya go and some others

Not sure if these are up to date but here you go Happy new year

154.5700 COLORADO MOUNTED RANGERS DBA COLORADO MOUNTED RANGERS; MOBILE RADIO COMMUNICATIONS SERVICE

33.040 - Rampart SAR
37.940 - Rampart SAR
46.040 - Alpine Rescue Team
143.750 - Civil Air Patrol
148.125 - Civil Air Patrol
148.150 - Civil Air Patrol Dog Team
149.5375 - Civil Air Patrol Dog Team
151.625 - Teller County SAR
154.280 - Civil Air Patrol Dog Team
154.570 - Humana SAR
154.860 - Pitkin County SAR
155.160 - Statewide SAR (incl. Colorado SAR Board, Moffat Co. SAR, Monarch Pass SAR, Park Co. SAR, Routt Co. SAR, San Juan Rescue Team, Summit Co. SAR, United SAR of Montezuma Co., West Eagle Co. SAR)
155.175 - Front Range Rescue Dogs, Rampart SAR, Rocky Mountain Rescue Group, SAR Dogs of Colorado, Teller County SAR
155.205 - Alpine Rescue Team, Boulder Emergency Squad, Douglas Co. SAR, Larimer Co. SAR, Mesa Co. SAR, National Ski Patrol, REACT
155.220 - Colorado Ground SAR Teams, Dolores K-9 SAR, Grand County SAR, Mesa County SAR, National Ski Patrol
155.235 - Alpine Rescue Team, Arapahoe Rescue Patrol, Colorado Ground SAR Teams, El Paso County SAR, Front Range Rescue Dogs, Nat'l Ski Patrol, Rampart SAR, Routt County SAR, Rocky Mountain Rescue Group, United SAR of Montezuma Co., Vail Mountain Rescue Group
155.265 - Larimer County SAR, SAR Dogs of Colorado
155.280 - United SAR of Montezuma Co.
155.295 - Arapahoe Rescue Patrol, National Ski Patrol
155.385 - Conejos SAR
155.475 - Civil Air Patrol Dog Team
462.200 - Mountain Rescue Aspen
462.450 - Vail Mountain Rescue Group
462.550 - Mountain Rescue Aspen
462.650 - Vail Mountain Rescue Group
465.625 - Garfield County SAR
462.675 - Rampart SAR
464.500 - Teller County SAR

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Wow brings back memories that list is at least 10 years old.

Jim<

Liverdog

cstockmyer said:
Ok dumb question..who are the Colorado Rangers?

I'd like to know too...

firescannerbob and some others were commenting on them so I did a web search. They're not LE and not security (per their webpage) so I thought I'd "listen in" for myself.

http://www.coloradoranger.org/

The listing at the top of the post with all of the freqs looks like just SAR stuff... Is that who they are??

Last edited:

jeffreyinberthoud

Banned
colorado rangers

there Pagosa Springs group is

F Troop

just like the TV show now thats funny !!!!!!!!!!

and Im getting older...................

Happy new year all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jeffreyinberthoud

Banned
Then There Is This

Maybe he was asking about this

http://www.co.blm.gov/lawenf/colawranger.htm

Colorado Rangers
Colorado Ranger Program

Introduction

Rangers are responsible for enforcing federal laws and regulations relating to the public lands and resources. They are are highly visible, uniformed law enforcement officers who provide regular and recurring patrol presence to public land areas. They also may conduct public contact, conduct basic/preliminary investigations, and apprehend violators through issuance of citations and/or making arrests.

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
No, they're something else altogether...

jeffreyinberthoud said:
Maybe he was asking about this

http://www.co.blm.gov/lawenf/colawranger.htm

Colorado Rangers
Colorado Ranger Program

Introduction

Rangers are responsible for enforcing federal laws and regulations relating to the public lands and resources. They are are highly visible, uniformed law enforcement officers who provide regular and recurring patrol presence to public land areas. They also may conduct public contact, conduct basic/preliminary investigations, and apprehend violators through issuance of citations and/or making arrests.

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
I think their mission statement says it all:

"The mission of the Colorado Mounted Rangers, as summarized from the revised articles of incorporation, is to

"...Provide assistance to the people of Colorado by working in cooperation with local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies to assist with security, traffic and crowd control, search and rescue, and other similar functions as may meet with the approval of local, state and federal authorities; including participation in training and exercises for the purposes of acquiring and maintaining the skills necessary for these activities."

Rangers are sworn to support the constitution and laws of the United States and the constitution and laws of the State of Colorado to the best of their ability. "
Or maybe not. Although they use the words "sworn", "constitution" and "laws" its my understanding that they are not peace officers.

Liverdog said:
I'd like to know too...

firescannerbob and some others were commenting on them so I did a web search. They're not LE and not security (per their webpage) so I thought I'd "listen in" for myself.

http://www.coloradoranger.org/

The listing at the top of the post with all of the freqs looks like just SAR stuff... Is that who they are??

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
KC0UWS said:
If they were SAR, why would they carry a firearm?
Because they can?
Considering some of the wildlife and the occasional ne'er do well one sometimes encounters in the wilds around here, carrying a weapon isn't always a bad idea.

n0doz

I'm not a big fan of wannabes.
We don't see these people in the city... and I know their presence would most definitely not be welcome.
It's obvious that the group had a purpose way back in the 19th century, but I cannot think of a single county in Colorado that still needs this type of "assistance."

Liverdog

Well, I was hoping this post would bring some of them out from the woodwork (so-to-speak) to shed some light on this...

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Noticed they are only left in a few areas of the state and actually may not even have radios anyways and certainly even less of a defined role it so appears.

Two links to recent articles (2006) from there web site that appeared in the Colorado Springs and Durango newspapers.

Jim<

Liverdog

Bob, I was looking at the BLM link that you included... It now appears that there are two groups using the same name (I don't think they're the same). The BLM group, by their website, claim to be LE, whereas the other group says they are not. The uniforms look different too. The BLM group photos look like grey to me, and the other group uses bright green.

We're all a group of professionals and we can't figure it out, how is the public to respond? Very confussing, but there's an answer out there...

Last edited:

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
I know that I see them in Colorado Springs during Spring Spree, etc. I think the city hires them for security. I never see them otherwise...

n0doz

Here's a little bit more on BLM Rangers and Special Agents from blm.gov:
"Congress gave the BLM law enforcement authority in 1976 with passage of the Federal Land Policy and Management Act (FLPMA). Through enactment of FLPMA, Congress recognized the need for BLM law enforcement officers to ensure public health and safety and to protect the nation's public land resources.
"Rangers patrol the public lands in a manner similar to that of park rangers and fish and game wardens. They offer a variety of services to the public, such as providing security at recreation sites and helping visitors with disabled vehicles. Rangers also assist special agents on specific investigations and carry out their enforcement duties by issuing warnings and citations and, if necessary, by making arrests.
"Special agents are analogous to detectives on local police forces. They normally conduct complex investigations of criminal activities on public land. Special agents also investigate one-time crimes and assist other Federal law enforcement groups as appropriate. "
It also appears that BLM organizes their rangers by district. That's why the rangers on the Colo BLM site are listed as "Colorado Rangers." The SAs, on the other hand, have nationwide BLM jurisdiction.
(BTW, a little trivia: my ex-wife is a BLM SA. She was SAC in Reno NV before being promoted to SAC of intel at their hq in DC. Haven't seen her in at least 20 years.)

Status
Not open for further replies.