Aurora EDACs programming Pro-96

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrayJeep

Premium Subscriber
I have a Pro-96 and 2096 that are vital in my commute between Ft. Collins and Boulder.
(I avoid accidents and tie-ups) Based on how I use these a co-worker bought a Pro-96 for his commute between Boulder and Aurora.

I've collected frequencies for Boulder City and County, the CSP talkgroups he'd be likely to hear and have programmed Arvada/Westminster EDACS and Aurora EDACS and programmed his radio for him. This constitutes 4 separate banks- Boulder, CSP, Arvada/Westminster, Aurora.

I've only briefly verified that I knew what to do to setup an EDACS system by programming my own radio for Westminster and verifying that it trunks correctly (no trailing beeps after transmissions). Checked it from Gunbarrel hill as I crossed there several times with the test programming going. I don't have any EDACS systems to play with here in Ft. C at home.

My friend says that he's surprised at how little traffic he hears on Aurora.
From watching TV news I get the sense that Aurora is a really hopping place with lots of action that should appear on the radio.

I can't directly verify what's going on with his radio in Aurora since I can't hear Aurora and don't go there.

I've programmed the EDACs channels from RR in proper order starting at LCN 01. (All listed on RR not just the red control channels)
I've loaded interesting talkgroup ids from RR.
I've left the Aurora system bank OPEN so other TGIDs can be heard if they are used.
There are no other frequencies programmed in with the Aurora EDACS channels in the Aurora bank.
The channels are set to ED.
The talkgroups are set to ED.

Do you have any suggestions for me?

Thanks!

Ron
Scanning for > 20 years but digital for about 14 months.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Ron, Most of the Aurora system is provoice one of the main reasons his Pro-96 is quiet out that way.

Don't forget a bank for the traffic reporters KOA "she's hot and has a cool name" nice voice at 0520hrs every morning also, KYGO, Metro etc if traffic is really what this co worker is interested in.

Jim<

Last edited:

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
Hello Ron,

Unfortunately, the Aurora EDACS system is using ProVoice. What this means for us is that no scanner made can currently monitor the system. However, you may hear some dispatch traffic from time to time on Fire Dispatch. Outside of that, we're out of luck using a scanner.

Mike

GrayJeep

Premium Subscriber
Aurora and Traffic info

jimmnn said:
Ron, Most of the Aurora system is provoice one of the main reasons his Pro-96 is quiet out that way.

Don't forget a bank for the traffic reporters KOA "she's hot and has a cool name" nice voice at 0520hrs every morning also, KYGO, Metro etc if traffic is really what this co worker is interested in.

Jim<

Pointer for the air-to-ground frequencies? I haven't come across them in browsing RR yet.

I've found that broadcast traffic reports are ok but my route is basically not covered so broadcast radio only reports what people with cellphones call in. By then it's far too late.

My friend works rotating shifts so even if the eye in the sky checks Aurora, he's probably out of the correct time window. I think he runs interstate or state roads most of the way so the CSP channel will cover quite a lot. And my emphasis is on catching EMS callouts because they state where the accident is on the call.

So- provoice basically doesn't even break squelch on the Pro-96? Is that right?

That's a real let-down.

But that sure explains why he doesn't hear much.

Thanks guys!

Ron

ruckuss

Amelia Earhart

jimmnn said:

Jim<

Holy smokes. Let's get her a television job.

jeffreyinberthoud

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
road time

scanlist said:
Really you guys need to get out of the house more often.

Phil.

Phil I drive 300 miles a day I hear her more than my own wife:)

besides Kathy sabin is getting old............:(

Hello jeffreyinberthoud,
We at The RadioReference.com Forums would like to wish you a happy birthday today!

OH JOY THE BIG 43

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
Getting back to Aurora EDACs programming Pro-96..... Ron, were your questions answered?

Scan-Denver

jimmnn said:

Jim<
Thanks for the great picture Jim !

GrayJeep

Premium Subscriber
Back to the questions....

abqscan said:
Getting back to Aurora EDACs programming Pro-96..... Ron, were your questions answered?

All but the one about where to find the media frequencies for the media traffic reporters.

Thanks for checking our heading!

Ron

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
NW0U said:
All but the one about where to find the media frequencies for the media traffic reporters.

Thanks for checking our heading!

Ron

NEWS MEDIA/BROADCASTERS

152.2850 KDVR/FOX BDC [Primary]
152.9300 KDVR/FOX BDC [Secondary]
153.1100 CLEAR CHANNEL [Remote]
161.6400 CLEAR CHANNEL [Remote]
161.7000 CLEAR CHANNEL [Remote]
161.7300 CLEAR CHANNEL [Remote]
161.7600 CLEAR CHANNEL [Remote]
166.2500 JEFF PILOT [Traffic]
450.0500 KHOW/KOA/CC [Traffic/IFB]
450.1125 KCNC/CBS [F-1 Technical]
450.1375 KCNC/CBS [F-3 Technical]
450.1500 KUAD/KTRR [Remote Broadcast Downlink]
450.1625 KCNC/CBS [F-5 Reporters]
450.1875 EAS [EAS NET]
450.2125 KUSA [Occasional]
450.2375 JEFF PILOT [F-A Reporters]
450.2875 KOA [F-1 Reporters]
450.3375 KWGN [Reporters Boulder]
450.3625 JEFF PILOT [F-C Traffic Report Backup]
450.4125 KUSA [F-2 Boulder County Bureau.]
450.4375 KMGH [IFB]
450.4625 KCNC/CBS [F-7 Occasional]
450.4875 JEFF PILOT [F-B Alternate]
450.5125 KMGH [F-1 Reporters]
450.5375 KWGN [Reporters/IFB]
450.5625 KOSI/KQMT/KALC [Traffic]
450.5875 KMGH [F-2 Technical]
450.6125 KUSA [F-1 Denver Bureau]
450.6500 CLEAR CHANNEL [Remote Downlink]
450.6875 METRO [Traffic reporter coordination]
450.7000 KKMG [Remote Broadcast Uplink]
450.7125 ENTRAVISION [Remote Use]
450.8000 CLEAR CHANNEL [Remote Downlink]
450.9000 KUAD/KTRR [Remote Uplink]
455.1500 KUAD/KTRR [Remote Uplink]
455.6625 CLEAR CHANNEL [Remote Uplink]
455.8000 JEFF PILOT [Remote Uplink]
455.9000 JEFF PILOT [Remote Uplink]

GrayJeep

Premium Subscriber
Reporter frequencies

Great! That'll help keep his mind off of provoice.

Muchas Gracias!

Ron

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
AFD Pro Voice off?

At least we can still monitor AFD.

Jim<

Last edited:

vcorlone

Aurora PD PRO-VOICE

I still have aurora pd programmed in my bank 6, I can still hear the dispatch side of the calls but not the cops side, so you still not totallly not SOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.