Lookout Mtn./Platte Valley Juvi's

Status
Not open for further replies.

n0doz

Premium Subscriber
Not sure where they fit in radio-wise. These facilities are part of the Division of Youth Corrections, Colorado Department of Human Services, which also includes mental health and the state's part of the welfare system.

Last edited:
K

KC0UWS

From the words of someone who has been to Platte (I have actually last year around this time). They use Motorola HT1000's on VHF

K

KC0UWS

it is completely simplex, no repeaters or talkgroups. I asked this to control once, but got into trouble for talking with control. We weren't even able to look into the control room, otherwise we would get 14.3's which is more or less a writeup.They had Code Red, Code Blue, Code Yellow, Code Green.

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
KC0UWS said:
I think it is 155.9100
Nope that was Golden PD before they went DTRS.

155.310 used to be a popular CDOC frequency statewide.

Any particular reason for the interest in juvi detention facilities?

Phil.

n0doz

Premium Subscriber
I don't know, they seem kind of boring to me. This is, of course, a personal observation, but the folks that run those places are more the "social worker" types rather than corrections officers, which kind of fits the pattern of the Colo dept that includes DYC.

jfab

scanlist said:
Nope that was Golden PD before they went DTRS.

155.310 used to be a popular CDOC frequency statewide.

Any particular reason for the interest in juvi detention facilities?

Phil.

Just curious and need something to do with all the room I have it my 396t. I maxed out my RS Pro 96, so I'm excited to have all the extra space on the Uniden!

K

KC0UWS

PVYSC is NOT digital! VHF analog! I don' think the HT1000's are digital yet.

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
jfab said:
Just curious and need something to do with all the room I have it my 396t. I maxed out my RS Pro 96, so I'm excited to have all the extra space on the Uniden!
Extra space is soooo overrated!

Seriously though weak signal simplex will give you a headache after awhile. :lol:

Phil.

K

KC0UWS

Ok I give up on this case, back to the threats I have been receiving case.

Status
Not open for further replies.