How Does The DTRS System Work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gfrench

Got a question.

Why on some occasions can I receive the State Patrol in other parts of the state, such as 2A, 4A and 5C? It seems to come in on the Lookout tower.

For example today I heard about 4 or 5 transmisions from 2A and did not here them the rest of the day.

I have all of the main towers for the Denver metro area, so I think I have it covered from that stand point.

Is there something that I not doing correctly?

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Because a 2A car or at least radio is visiting HQ in Golden for training let's say and his radio is set to home.

Same thing would happen of a 6C trooper visited 1A or a North Metro batt chief visited Durango.

Jim<

Troop

Your best chance of hearing this would be on Monday Afternoons and Fridays at noon, these are the times our in-service trainings start and finish

gfrench

Thanks for the information.

I will be listening a little closer next time but it does seem like I was hearing a traffic stop as they were talking about mile markers.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
gfrench said:
Thanks for the information.

I will be listening a little closer next time but it does seem like I was hearing a traffic stop as they were talking about mile markers.

You were probably hearing a traffic stop from 2A area because once that 2A car was visiting Golden for example it "opened" 2A up for you off Lookout. Hope that makes sense.

Jim<

Status
Not open for further replies.