Site 322 Adams County Simulcast

Status
Not open for further replies.

utlchris

Has anyone using this site had a problem with audio dropping out lately? I'll be listening to something and then all the sudden it just goes away or it will pick up in the middle of something. I have also seen it stop on a TG and just sit there with no audio and then a few seconds later start scanning again. I can switch over to 105 (Mt Thorodin) and not have any issues, but my signal strength is not very good. However 105 is the next best site I can use up here. I used to have no problems with 322.

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
Which radio are you using? P25 simulcast systems have been problematic for scanners.

There was even mention here in the forum recently that actual users of the system in the area served by this site arrangement are having issues of this nature.

With all the 700 space available why they opted for a 3 site simulcast as opposed to individual sites is beyond me.

Phil.

utlchris

I have no clue why they would set that up as simulcast as well. Sure would make a lot more sense to have the three different sites individual. I use a Uniden BCD396T. Just switched back to 322 again to check and now it's even loosing the CC at times. If I pick up the radio and move it appears to find the CC again however I don't think it should be loosing it with a full signal bar. Definitely acting strange.

MMIC

scanlist said:
With all the 700 space available why they opted for a 3 site simulcast as opposed to individual sites is beyond me.

Simulcast is much better for urban areas and will saturate an area with RF in a much better way than individual sites would. In this fashion, RF is penetrating buildings from several directions, which will improve coverage dramatically, especially for calls in progress. With individual sites, radios would have to perform site switching more often, which could potentially result in delayed calls and/or partially missed calls. Given the site locations for that system, it appears that they elected to keep the simulcast configuration in the urban areas (or areas that are expected to be urbanized in the future) and stay with an ASTRO-25 Repeater Site (Hoyt) out in the rural areas.

Thayne

Must be why Aurora sounds so good around Alameda and Potomac even using a "Real" radio--:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.