Aurora PD On Analog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gfrench

Correct. I was hearing Dispatch and car traffic. At one point I heard an Officer get a radio check to make sure he was on analog.

MMIC

The rumor going around is that you can put away your ProVoice LPE-200s on Aurora for good.

---all that money spent when they could have just expanded their existing analog smartnet system to a simulcast---

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Another pro voice success story, no wait are there any pro voice success stories, anywhere in the country?

Jim<

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
So how about the day one pro-voice users such as rual metro?

Bet the super secret squirrel stuff stays digital.

Phil.

Thayne

Must be very hard to make simulcast digital work well.
Isn't the DTRS 700 simulcast sites around Thornton sounding crappy too?
(I can't tell because IMHO my 996 sounds crappy on digital most of the time anyway)

greenthumb

Colorado DB Administrator
Database Admin
Actually simulcast is easier in the digital mode because of the bit-by-bit voting algorithms put in place at voters/comparators, and the various precise audio level alignments that are not required vs. analog simulcast.

Austin/Travis County, Texas has a successful deployment of digital simulcast system, San Antonio/Bexar County, Texas has a ProVoice simulcast system in place, and Detroit has a digital simulcast system installed on the statewide MSPCS ASTRO-25 6.x system, and digital simulcast is used on several SmartZONE systems across the country without any issues.

Last edited:

greenthumb

Colorado DB Administrator
Database Admin
scanlist said:
Bet the super secret squirrel stuff stays digital.

I bet you're right on with that - but don't they encrypt that stuff, too?

k0pwo

Premium Subscriber
Is anyone able to monitor RMA 1 and 2 on analog or is it just pd stuff that went analog?

On a related topic, has anyone heard when Aurora might start dispatching dist 3 units on dist 3 tg instead of on dist as is being done now. I am just curious.

DAve

scanlist

greenthumb said:
Actually simulcast is easier in the digital mode because of the bit-by-bit voting algorithms put in place at voters/comparators, and the various precise audio level alignments that are not required vs. analog simulcast.
I'm going to recycle the earlier "The looks good on paper" comment from the site 322 simulcast thread. M/A has attempted to get pro-voice working properly since Aurora switched over to it 3 years ago this month. Aurora has been more than generous in the time allowed to give M/A to correct this.

Phil.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Aurora testing 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1

wonder if the radio techs are in town?

Jim<

scanlist

jimmnn said:
wonder if the radio techs are in town?
They must be. Lakewood is no longer in the "Home channel mode" on the Green Mountain site and voice comm is rotating through all the channels again.

Just before the sudden switch to analog in the field I noticed that the dispatch audio from the console used for APD-2 had a noticable amount of electronic background noise. Yesterday it was gone.

And despite all the celebration here there is still quite a bit of pro-voice activity running around the system so analog only listeners are not getting everything.

Phil.

Status
Not open for further replies.