Mutual Aid Channels

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mpg0515

jimmnn said:
I'm assuming green thumb added these and nice work but does anyone really hear much use of any of them? Itac once in a while thats about it.

http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&aid=4176

Jim<

The only time I have ever heard any of these in use was for a riot on the CSU campus a couple of years ago. They were all using I-TAC2 for some reason, why?, I have no idea. Also I have never heard any of the "SMPX" channels in use up here either. CSP seems to still uses either CSP-State 3 or the old 3C TAC channel (154.770) for their "speed trap" operations.

greenthumb

Colorado DB Administrator
Database Admin
For what it's worth, I have information that all of the ICALL/ITAC frequencies (repeated and simplex) are programmed into all public safety radios on DTRS - which is pretty much a given. But apparently all of the "SMPX" digital simplex frequencies and STAC 5 are in all DTRS radios, too. Stuff to keep around "just in case". :)

n0nhj

In way too deep...
Feed Provider
DOW Simplex?

Anyone ever figure out what the DOW Simplex 800 frequency is?

When they were first getting the DTRS Radios a couple of wildlife officers were discussing how to use the 800 radio, and one mentioned the problem of not being able to scan between the 'DOW' Channel, and the normal talkgoups.

Chuck

Thayne

I have heard some surveillance activities from time to time, and they use it when "Potus" type activities are going on.
Now I guess they can use the MAC channels and Stargate if they want--

cstockmyer

Think they'll use these for the Dem convention? Or is that just way to easy? :lol:

eyes00only

cstockmyer said:
Think they'll use these for the Dem convention? Or is that just way to easy? :lol:

My guess is that they will set up a temporary Cell site for the convention, and it will be unmonitorable.

Jerry

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
I listen to these often. Right now, Aurora FD seems to be setting up comms on them. Not sure why?

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
Aurora FD was on i-Tac 1 because the EDACS system went down.

I didn't hear Aurora PD on any of the others MAC freqs :confused:

FiremanSparky

greenthumb said:
For what it's worth, I have information that all of the ICALL/ITAC frequencies (repeated and simplex) are programmed into all public safety radios on DTRS - which is pretty much a given. But apparently all of the "SMPX" digital simplex frequencies and STAC 5 are in all DTRS radios, too. Stuff to keep around "just in case". :)

Hello greenthumb
Do you know when the 700 MHz simplex channels were rolled out? I just had all of our radios reprogrammed/upgraded (DTRS, ADCOM), and we have all of the talkgroups described with the exception of those.

Thanks
Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.