DTRS Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

cstockmyer

I am not going to hijack another thread, so I thought I'd open a new one.

firescannerbob said:
That info is direct off of the DTRS system.

When you say the info came straight off the system. So does that mean you don't have to program in what each talk group is? Or am I all backward and wrong? Can someone help me understand?

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
Should've left it in the other thread, but since it's here....
If I understand the way Pro96com works, it reads the data as it's programmed into the system. Again, if I understand things correctly, if TG XXXX comes up in that software as agency YYYY, then thats how the system has it.
If I'm wrong, then someone please pipe up.

cstockmyer

So Pro96com is a program like Trunker? Or something that is all ready on a new pro 96?

greenthumb

Colorado DB Administrator
Database Admin
if TG XXXX comes up in that software as agency YYYY, then thats how the system has it.

I am a bit confused with what this means, can you clarify a bit more?

greenthumb

Database Admin
So Pro96com is a program like Trunker? Or something that is all ready on a new pro 96?

Yeah, it is a lot like trunker, but doesn't require a discriminator tap, is Windows-based, and can be used with the regular programming cable for the Pro 96. Check out this Yahoo! group for details:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pro96com/

cstockmyer

I found the yahoo group, thought Google, thanks for the idea though! But how does Pro96com know what each talk group is? Does it read what you have programed on your Pro 96?

greenthumb

Database Admin
Pro96com knows what the talk group IDs are from the control channel data that it's listening to. The user must input a text tag to go with the talk group as you would in your scanner. To put it another way, the software is a Windows version of the display on your scanner, with more information. It still requires user input as to what the site numbers, talk group IDs, and radio IDs are. No program is able to read what those are because they are simply numbers coming across the control channel.

mikey60

firescannerbob said:
Should've left it in the other thread, but since it's here....
If I understand the way Pro96com works, it reads the data as it's programmed into the system. Again, if I understand things correctly, if TG XXXX comes up in that software as agency YYYY, then thats how the system has it.
If I'm wrong, then someone please pipe up.

Definately incorrect. The only thing provided over the control channel is the talkgroup number, the table id/channel number, and in some packets the radio ID number.

When a talkgroup is seen for the first time, Pro96Com will tag that talkgroup with the tower number and the date/time stamp of when it was first seen by the program. Text tags for what a particular talkgroup is comes from the user, not the control channel.

Mike
Pro96Com author.

Last edited:

cstockmyer

mikey60 said:
Definately incorrect. The only thing provided over the control channel is the talkgroup number, the table id/channel number, and in some packets the radio ID number.

When a talkgroup is seen for the first time, Pro96Com will tag that talkgroup with the tower number and the date/time stamp of when it was first seen by the program. Text tags for what a particular talkgroup is comes from the user, not the control channel.

Mike
Pro96Com author.

That answers my question, Thanks Mike!

Status
Not open for further replies.