Kudos to Brromfield PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
Kudos to Broomfield PD

So, this afternoon, we all decide to go for a bike ride and decide on the multi-use fields Sheridan @ 134th. We park, unload the bikes and head out. No more than an hour later we return to find the P/S front window shattered and the wife's purse gone.

She calls BPD and they have a car there within about 10 minutes. After the preliminary questions, he takes out a kit and begins to dust for prints on the door! I didn't even think that was done anymore unless a major crime occured. The officer told me they do it quite often on cases of Criminal Tresspass such as this. I was imprerssed at the effort.

Overall, the officer was prompt, professional, courteous and throrough. In addition, he followed up later tonight with more info. While we (and I'm sure he) realize the chance of recovery is very slim, he put a significant amount of effort into trying to gather information and evidence.

Our thanks to Broomfield PD.

Last edited:

RISC777

I had the same level of response of a vehicle broken into with items stolen. I respect Broomfield's PD dep't.

utlchris

I have to admit that now a days it's pretty rare to see that kind of service. More and more you will see them offering a phone, internet or walk in report. So being the victim of a crime and to get that level of service makes you feel at least a little better about it. It's true that actually finding a matching print will be slim to none, but it's nice to know they at least tried.

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
Well, the purse was recovered this AM in a dumpster behind the DMV in Broomfield! Check card, DL and check book all gone, but an uncashed paycheck was left along with the rest of the contents of the purse. The criminalist at Broomfield PD requested we leave the paycheck with them (even though it will probably destroy the paper) to see if they can lift a print.

After they hit us, the thieves headed for the K-Mart about 12 blocks south, used my wife's card for 3 purchases (while the officer was with us but before the bank stopped all transactions on the card), broke into another car in the K-Mart lot, dumped my wife's purse and headed for Standley Lake. There they broke into another car and headed for the Sam's Club in Arvada. There they dumped the other purses and the trail kind of ends.

The lesson? Park your car with other cars, not out by itself near the end of the lot. My wife's purse was not visible - purely a crime of chance opportunity. While we'll not be held responsible for the purchases, the time and money wasted today to get everything back in order is lost. Live and learn.

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
Oh, and a little sidenote - BPD has a good description of the car and its occupants - including the driver (an attractive red-head that caught my eye in the parking lot as we pedalled away) ;)

The description I gave matched the description of the person who used my wife's card for the purchases at K-Mart.

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
Mike,

Let's please not turn this into a counter-pose to my experience as related in this thread. I'm sure we could turn up any number of stories on any department's employees on or off duty. Humans make mistakes, sometimes really dumb ones.

Thanks,

Mike

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
*update*

Arvada PD arrested 2 individulas today and one of them was carrying my wife's DL and check book. May not be the same people who committed the CT, but not a good thing to have stolen property in your possesion.

Someone's got some 'splainen to do!

jfab

datainmotion said:
Arvada PD arrested 2 individulas today and one of them was carrying my wife's DL and check book. May not be the same people who committed the CT, but not a good thing to have stolen property in your possesion.

Someone's got some 'splainen to do!

good! glad to hear it!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.