Uniden new firmware update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rckydenver

I just download the 1.13.17 for BCD396T and notice these changes, the squelch opens at one at least on the conventional freqs, shows the WACN on the CC while holding the function button(on P25), and the digital side seems alittle quiter-does'nt jump out as loud as before. The last firmware i had was 1.11.03..So if anyone else has download this what are your results so far?

Last edited:
M

mpg0515

rckydenver said:
I just download the 1.13.17 for BCD396T and notice these changes, the squelch opens at one at least on the conventional freqs, shows the WACN on the CC while holding the function button(on P25), and the digital side seems alittle quiter-does'nt jump out as loud as before. The last firmware i had was 1.11.03..So if anyone else has download this what are your results so far?

I agree, it does seem that I have to turn up the volume a little bit more now.

M

mpg0515

mpg0515 said:
I agree, it does seem that I have to turn up the volume a little bit more now.

Just like with the 96, I went back to the older version with the 396 (1.11.03). The audio seemed to be a lot more "quiet". I had to turn the volume up to almost 8-9 just to hear what was going on. Now that I am back on 1.11.03, usually level 4-5 is more than enough.

Anyone else tried this update??

jeffreyinberthoud

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
please post !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

for us Colorado people if you upload this let us know if it is better or worse
adio Might want to test on ADAMS county stuff thats the one I seem unable to totally clean up (there tones suck big time)

M

mpg0515

jeffreyinberthoud said:
for us Colorado people if you upload this let us know if it is better or worse
adio Might want to test on ADAMS county stuff thats the one I seem unable to totally clean up (there tones suck big time)

As far as I am concerned this is a step backwards from 1.11.03.... Jeffrey have you tried messing with the response time and the gain levels for the AGC? I have only had my 396 for a little over a week and when I first got it the audio was horrible, but now that I have adjusted these settings, it is almost comparable to the 96.

M

mpg0515

Speak Up!!

Come on, I know that there are a lot more 396 users here in Colorado!! Some of you experienced people or even anybody, need to speak up and tell us all what you think of this update, i.e. Jim, Phil etc....

Thanks in advance for the info

RISC777

Once I get the 396 and 996 updated I can offer some observations, it'll be a little while though.

edit:
BCD396T -- Squelch is more sensitive, had to up it one notch (from 2 to 3) for conventionals freq.s. More sensitive is a good thing.
-- Volume adjustment is more sensitive / better. It is not "more quiet," meaning having to turn it up more than before, it's the opposite for me - I don't have to turn the volume up as much as before.

edit:
BCD996T -- Same as for the 396, over-all better performance.

Last edited:

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
Definetely keep the older firmware code available just in case the "new and improved" sux.

Marketing geniuses are at it with the register your radio nonsense in order to get corrective action support for a $500+ radio. Why?

Phil.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
FYI, You do not have to register. The files are posted in the files section of the 996 yahoo group :) I know that wasn't your point, but thought I would mention it. Paul explains the reason for the new register policy in one of the (396,996) firmware threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.