Troop 1B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troop

There's rumours that the tollway troop is starting up again. Unknown on the timline, they're just starting to recruit now...so on that magical day if you hear 1 Baker cars...you'll know!

Troop

datainmotion said:
Do we think they'll get there own dispatch or stay with 1C dispatch.

it'll probably be dispatched on 1C like the days of old

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
Will they be operating on a seperate budget (funded by the tollway $$) like they used to?

Troop

datainmotion said:
Will they be operating on a seperate budget (funded by the tollway $$) like they used to?

yeah nothing will really be changing as far as contract money/funding goes. This just means there will be a dedicated troop for covering the tollway instead of troopers from 1D/1C/1A

utlchris

Had a sideline question.... On the I-25 express lanes I see Troopers watching for what I assume would be toll violators after the toll booth. I'm guessing it's pretty hard to see if there is one or more in the car at times, however I have seen a single person go buy in the HOV lane and the Trooper not stopping them. My question is that a stoppable offense, or is it like the seat belt law a secondary violation and needing a primary to pull one over?

jeffreyinberthoud

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I 25 exspess

I drive that way at least three times a week I think they are there to "slow us down some "
and I have seen them using radar guns also

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
utlchris said:
Had a sideline question.... On the I-25 express lanes I see Troopers watching for what I assume would be toll violators after the toll booth. I'm guessing it's pretty hard to see if there is one or more in the car at times, however I have seen a single person go buy in the HOV lane and the Trooper not stopping them. My question is that a stoppable offense, or is it like the seat belt law a secondary violation and needing a primary to pull one over?
I believe hybrid cars are allowed to use the HOV lanes regardless of number of passengers.

cstockmyer

I think you can also buy something like an EZ pass, and use those lanes like a toll road.

utlchris

Yes it does work off of a responder however it also works off of the honer system. One lane is for single people with no other passengers and you get charged when you go through the gate. The other lane is for 2 or more people and it does not charge your responder when you go through that lane. In other words if I had more than one in my car I could go through that lane without being charged.

Troop

the HOV lane enforcment is part of some CDOT grant...I have no idea what they do when they're doing it...and it's probably 1D

Steve2003

If you have a transponder for the express toll lanes on E470 you can use it on the I-25 HOV lane (if you want to fork over about $5 bucks during rush hour). If you use the transponder lane without a rfid tag, expect a huge ticket in the mail!

(FYI, I believe those interested in getting a transponder can get one at King Soopers. I got mine a few years back. $20 deposit for the tag w/ no monthly fees. You do have to put another $20 or so on you "tab" that is deducted each time your pass is used. When it reaches $5 or so, your credit card is charged again to raise your balance again. Well worth the investment... )

Status
Not open for further replies.