Wow Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.

cstockmyer

Did anyone else realize the Colorado form is busiest of all state forms? We have 19,408 posts!

Last edited:

RDCat

Premium Subscriber
like the saying states

Inquiring Minds Want To Know!!!!!!!

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Congrats Colorado! Surprising some large pop States have not all that many posts like New York and Florida.
Maryland close second to Col but our Milair posts keep us in the top 3.
Probably largest views is Maryland Sticky Milair thread at 43,000+ views as we have
good group of Mil listeners and lots of area Mil bases to hear.
Good job out there!

Mark

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
I just wish we could have milair discussions, lots to listen to around here but no one seems interested.

Jim<

jeffreyinberthoud

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
do tell

jimmnn said:
I just wish we could have milair discussions, lots to listen to around here but no one seems interested.

Ill bite Jim

post a detailed freqs list I would love to have something more intresting than the Budwieser event center beer spills to listen too...................By the way I heard
the new Hospital in Loveland make a refrence to another talk group so yall need to find it!

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
jimmnn said:

Jim<

I love you JIM!!!! :D Although, Maryland has about 10X the Mil air compared to us. Lucky Dogs!

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
abqscan said:
I love you JIM!!!! :D Although, Maryland has about 10X the Mil air compared to us. Lucky Dogs!

Yes indeed the Maryland, Virgina, Wash DC area is great mil air monitoring I agree.

But Ft Carson, Pete, Buckley and Warren ain't too bad either.

Erik is your source for Mil Air Freqs in this area and remember search is your friend also.

Jim<

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Colorado gets lots of transient Naval F-18's going cross-country from Lemoore Cal
and to Norfolk NAS. A UHF scanner a must for them.
Last night here had a JOSA 511 C-21 (Peterson) arriving Andrews and gave dep Message
that he would rtb Peterson 1930z after stop in Manhatten Kansas.

Mark

TinEar

abqscan said:

There was a time a couple of years ago when I heard similar statements in the Maryland area, i.e., that we were just too far away from the action to hear very much. That was before we started posting what we heard and shared frequencies with each other here on RR. The posted logs and discussion on the Maryland thread brought many people out of the woodwork that were listening to MilAir on their own and had no idea others might be interested. Then, we found people trading their scanners or adding scanners that had MilAir capabilites - the 225-400 mHz range and 138-144 mHz in AM mode primarily.

The bottom line is that it's entirely different world of listening opportunity for those interested in scanning and one that has caught the imagination of many people in our area. I'd bet that if you started a MilAir thread here in the Colorado forum, you'd soon have a developed list of frequencies and see interest grow. I'd also bet there is a whole lot more MilAir to listen to than you suspect. Good luck with the effort if you take it on.

Alan

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
We do get a lot of transient aircraft from all over flying into Buckley AFB, and Centennial who do not want to bother with the AFB. We also get a lot of aircraft flying over Colorado. The B-2's are always sight seeing over Colorado en route to the range in Nevada. Unless aircraft flies into Peterson from the north we don't hear much either unless they call the command post in the air reporting their inbound status or takeoff time. And Warren is a base without a runway. Every once and a blue moon you might catch an E-6B doing comm checks with them.

But monitoring any of the MOA activity here is not the best. The closest MOA to the south of us is in the middle of some mountains, so until the jets pop up over 20K feet... We don't hear much. And the MOA to the East is to far East to monitor.

Buckley was supposed to have an Open House this summer, but Aurora Shot it down because they didn't want to deal with the traffic.

Well I guess some is better then none. :D

If anyone want Mil Air freqs for Colorado, send me a PM =)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.