PFA Dispatch Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

LFRfreak

When PFA gets a call, the dispatcher says something like: "Group 31 King 3." What does that mean?

Thanks,

LFRfreak

Last edited:

rickak

Its the map grid in the map book.

Specifically, that grid location is the southwest quadrant of the area bounded by Prospect, College, Drake, and Shields.

Rick

Last edited:
M

mpg0515

jfab said:
Also, when PFA dispatches FICx, what does that stand for?? thanks!

I believe those are investigators (Fire Investigation Coordinator). They used to be called Bureau ## units

rickak

mpg0515 said:
I believe those are investigators (Fire Investigation Coordinator). They used to be called Bureau ## units

True on the FIC, but they still have bureau units that do the fire investigations. The FIC's are the 4th member of the truck crews (you'll notice they always get dispatched with their truck). They coordinate the investigations, as well as do most of the alarm testing around town. They'll often respond to the false fire alarms to help with any follow up work. They have seperate trucks they drive around, Suburbans I think.

Rick

M

mpg0515

Good to know

rickak said:
True on the FIC, but they still have bureau units that do the fire investigations. The FIC's are the 4th member of the truck crews (you'll notice they always get dispatched with their truck). They coordinate the investigations, as well as do most of the alarm testing around town. They'll often respond to the false fire alarms to help with any follow up work. They have seperate trucks they drive around, Suburbans I think.

Rick

Thanks for the info Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.