Metcom Ch Assignments

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Anyone else notice the most recent channel assignments appear to be Lola dispatching on Ops 1 (1786) units go enroute with a live dispatcher on Ops 3 (1787) arrive onscene and give initial sizeup on Ops 3 then request an ops channel and are give either Ops 5 (1788) or Ops 7 (1789).

Appears to be a little different than when they first opened the new comm center.

Heard anymore about Parker, Cunningham, Littleton, or Castle Rock FD's joining Metcom?

Jim<

fireemt55

Premium Subscriber
MetCom

This is actually how it was when they first opened. Then a couple months into it they decided that they would stay on OPS3 if it was a “routine” call, otherwise the officer on the apparatus would request a Fireground or OPS channel, depending on the location/building/personal preference.

I’ve heard talks are still in progress to bring on other agencies. As of January MetCom has also gone to full 24 hour shifts (A, B, &C).

Richard

fairrpe86

How are they staffing MetCom, do they just have one call taker and one radio operator in there or how is it being done?? Also how does the 24 hour thing work for them?? I would think that they are busy enough that sleep would be impossible for any of the dispatchers.

fireemt55

Premium Subscriber
fairrpe86 said:
How are they staffing MetCom, do they just have one call taker and one radio operator in there or how is it being done?? Also how does the 24 hour thing work for them?? I would think that they are busy enough that sleep would be impossible for any of the dispatchers.

About 4 dispatchers per 24 hour shift including a supervisor. Rotating responsibilities, 1 call taker, 1 dispatcher, 1 operations channels. Sleep time is 6 hours starting in the evening (UNPAID), minimum on console is 2 dispatchers. The center wasn't that busy when I left, 9300+ calls, but it's so spread out that night times are pretty slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.