8100 Units

Status
Not open for further replies.

fireemt55

Premium Subscriber
Can anyone advise who the 8100 units are and why they've been patched into National Law for so long? :) Thank you!

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
fireemt55 said:
Can anyone advise who the 8100 units are and why they've been patched into National Law for so long? :) Thank you!

CU Traffic & Parking Enforcement ain't it exciting listening?

Jim<

fireemt55

Premium Subscriber
I do agree that it's not the best listening. Am frustrated that they keep popping in on my VHF radio on National Law. Anyone know why they've been using it so much?

I came across listening to them as well on NLEC as I was passing through Boulder today. With so many other channels easily available, why do they have to use NLEC, I bet it pisses dispatchers off in other counties who may be monitoring NLEC. Isn't Gold channel for parking operations anyways?

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
They've been doing this for years using VHF simplex. The difference this time is that since C.U. parking switched to UHF last year they have been patching the UHF to VHF via a base station on NLENC during special events in order to coordinate with Boulder, Boulder County and CSP.

No before anyone says "well CSP is on DTRS" keep in mind that DTRS, even with the new Gunbarrel 700 site, has near non-existent coverage in the city of Boulder.

"Gold" is now a clearance channel. No parking ops on VHF anymore.

Phil.

cycle687

fireemt55 said:
I do agree that it's not the best listening. Am frustrated that they keep popping in on my VHF radio on National Law. Anyone know why they've been using it so much?

The Colorado High School Athletic/Activities Association (CHSAA) is having the state competition for basketball at the Coors event center.

Speaking of this topic...anyone ever notice the huge array of 6 or 7 800-900 MHz yagis on the top of the CU PD/Parking building? Not sure why an omni wouldn't do the trick.

Last edited:

fireemt55

Premium Subscriber
scanlist said:
They've been doing this for years using VHF simplex. The difference this time is that since C.U. parking switched to UHF last year they have been patching the UHF to VHF via a base station on NLENC during special events in order to coordinate with Boulder, Boulder County and CSP.

No before anyone says "well CSP is on DTRS" keep in mind that DTRS, even with the new Gunbarrel 700 site, has near non-existent coverage in the city of Boulder.

"Gold" is now a clearance channel. No parking ops on VHF anymore.

Phil.

Thank you Phil, that pretty much explains it! :)

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
fireemt55 said:
Thank you Phil, that pretty much explains it! :)

I know that's the theory but have you ever heard any actual coordination with CSP or Boulder City on NLEC? I have not.

Jim<

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
When things have hit the fan at C.U. events in the past yes. (Nothing in recent years however)

On a day to day basis no. CSP really doesn't have much of anything to do at all with the city. CSP has access to Green and Yellow for county coordination.

Since the City, County, State and C.U. PD have the NLENC channel in their radios it made sense to use it. With C.U. parking going UHF it's messed up.

Then again the C.U. buses still use low band.

Phil.

Status
Not open for further replies.