Cruiser Set-Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troop

I couldnt remember but I though someone had asked for a interior shot of our cars, so I thought i'd wait for my new car to come in before I posted one. Antenna set up is about the same only antennas are now on the trunk for slick-top cars.

Attachments

• DSC00124.JPG
    DSC00124.JPG
    146.4 KB · Views: 474

COBronco

Is that a charger or crown vic? Is CSP switching to chargers or just mixing it up, I have seen a few..

Troop

It's a crown vic....Each Troop will probably have no more than two chargers when all is said and done

COBronco

Older toughbook, vhf maratrac, 800 spectra, radar, light control, siren, 12v outlets and inkjet.... and still be able to have a passenger.....

Troop

the printer mount also fold up towards the pass side. I can get to most of the controls with it down, and it makes a great arm rest...

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
Except the laptop is mounted too high now and its no longer air-bag compliant; the ink in the printer freezes in the winter and the cartridges cost buku $$ and don't last long.

Troop

datainmotion said:
Except the laptop is mounted too high now and its no longer air-bag compliant; the ink in the printer freezes in the winter and the cartridges cost buku $$ and don't last long.

they last about 30 sheets, which is still not bad. It's better than the thermal paper we were using...always wondering..will the printer work or not?... And our troop refills the cartridges at each office. And i'm not too worried about the airbag, 99% of the time the pass side is off

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
COBronco said:
What are the solutions?

Use a 5" post rather than a 7" post for the laptop mount. That gets it low and won't allow the big up-tilt you see in the pic Troop provided.

As for Troop's statement about "wondering whether the thermal printers would work..." that was primarily due to poor maintenance, broken connectors and low usage. Those Pentax PocketJet IIs were first deployed in CSP units in 1999 and then fleet-wide in 2000. Most still work fine, but are being removed from service due to CSP's changing needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.