• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Equinox antenna mount

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't seen a fender NMO mount for an Equinox on my usual vendor sites, anyone got a source?

It's a lease so I don't feel comfortable drilling holes.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Just use the standard 90º bracket. The screw holes will be invisible unless the hood is open. You can either put the screws back in, or cover them up with a dab of silicone sealant.

For a lease trade in, they won't be concerned about that. I've had family turn in leased vehicles with permanent NMO mounts in the roof with no issues. The dealers don't care, as the vehicles usually get bought in bulk by brokers. The brokers don't care.

I doubt the inspector who does the end of lease check in cares but I have a wife who does, she had a conniption fit when I told her I was going to hide the power cable for the dash cam in the liner. I did it without telling her, will be interesting to see if she notices.

The hood to fender gap is pretty tight, I might use trunk mounts since it has a nice lip by the windshield.

I don't have a center dome light so fishing the coax might be a bugger.

I might be able to use mag mounts, the trailing edge of the front door and leading edge of the rear meet over a channel in the frame, so the coax might not get pinched as much as some of the rental vehicles I've had the mount in.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
My dad had an Equinox up until a few months ago. Probably a 2015 or 2016.
He's usually pretty good about drilling the hole and doing it all right.
On that car, he just put a mag mount on the back near the lift gate.

He recently replaced it with a Traverse and I helped him pop the hole on the roof and put in a quarter wave.

If the wife is the concern, then a mag mount might be the safe approach. No need to get the Minister of War and Finance on your case over a silly thing like an antenna.

N8IAA

Haven't seen a fender NMO mount for an Equinox on my usual vendor sites, anyone got a source?

It's a lease so I don't feel comfortable drilling holes.

Comet or Diamond hatchback mount. Two axis to get it level. Had one on my 2011 Equinox. Had the thin coax for lead in. Worked quite well for the three years owning the vehicle.
Larry

bharvey2

Comet or Diamond hatchback mount. Two axis to get it level. Had one on my 2011 Equinox. Had the thin coax for lead in. Worked quite well for the three years owning the vehicle.
Larry

I did the same for my wife's Ford Edge. It's only there for long trips but it's fairly sturdy and works well.

I ended up with lip mounts, found an easy coax run from the engine compartment inside the fender to a rubber plug in the door jamb. Ran the coax through the plug and it came out near the floor.

Attachments

• equinox sm.jpg
    equinox sm.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 119
Status
Not open for further replies.