Proposed Palm Beach County, FL radio tower gets static from neighbors

Status
Not open for further replies.

W2NJS

Let me get this straight. The citizens are objecting to a radio tower that will be located on top of an existing water tower? If you've got an ugly water tower (ever see a good looking one?) in place, what possible difference can a radio tower on top make? Doesn't make sense, but hey, that's just me.

N4DES

Retired 0598 Czar ÆS Ø
The city actually proposed to put a tower in the development that the residents denied. Now they are in a scramble to find an alternative location.

ab3a

Water Towers?

Let me get this straight. The citizens are objecting to a radio tower that will be located on top of an existing water tower? If you've got an ugly water tower (ever see a good looking one?) in place, what possible difference can a radio tower on top make? Doesn't make sense, but hey, that's just me.

Hey! I love those water towers. I work for a water company. We take pains to make them look as good as they can. I know of one that we spent almost as much as the tank cost (over one million dollars of early 1980s money) just to paint it to look like a view of the Earth from space.

We lament the fact that the nice clean lines that these water towers used to have are being messed up by numerous cellular services, government trunking services, Laser warning platforms (to keep errant pilots out of flight restriction zones), and even a genuine demilitarized katyusha rocket (used by researchers) .

The bases of these water towers are now inhabited by shanty towns of equipment shelters.

This is all caused by aesthetics police who want their cell phone service and their police communications as long as the tower messes up someone else's view of the world.

These neighborhoods are inhabited by uncivilized pinheads who do not understand the first damned thing about what keeps them safe, why their houses have water, where their electricity comes from, where their trash goes, or what makes their transportation work..

One of these days, these services will simply dry up and blow away from neglect. At that point these attorneys, lobbyists, executives, and other such low-lifes can starve in the cold, while the rest of us who live in ugly land will at least have resources that work.

hosk202

I've got to admit, I've never seen an ugly water tower, or even an ugly radio tower. I can however, point out that there are a lot of homes and yards that are eye sores. :p

Seadoo

KS4VT, I know this is the city, But since you are the MOJO of the county system, don't you think they would have the sense to ask the opinion of the county admin on your thoughts of using opensky. On second thought, Its probbably better to not even get involved so when the opensky system falls on its face, you can sit back and laugh at them or just say CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW. Our SMR Moto system here in PSL, Fla can communicate all the way down to South Broward County and even on a skip day into Miami and has not failed once. They will be lucky to get opensky to work around the corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.