Hamilton County, Ohio needs a new radio system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
I can't believe the current radio system is already outdated. Something doesn't sound right, as I don't think it's that old. Does Hamilton County have plans to become part of the new MARCS Project 25 TRS?

73's

Ron

ka8zay

Feed Provider
The system is only 6 or 7 years old, it was just put online back in 2005 or 2006 I think it was 2005 now that I'm thinking about it.

kc8gjh

Premium Subscriber
I can't believe the current radio system is already outdated. Something doesn't sound right, as I don't think it's that old. Does Hamilton County have plans to become part of the new MARCS Project 25 TRS?

73's

Ron

I work for Hamilton County SO and this is the first I have heard of it. The current system we have went online about 7 or 8 years ago. I also find it hard to believe that it is already outdated. In my opinion MARCS has better coverage in Hamilton County. Monitoring our current system can sometime be a pain especially where I live along the Indiana border on the far west of the county. I'll have to see if I can find out what their plans are for the new system.

Last edited:

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin

The HamCo/Cincinnati system is an outdated version (I think Astro 6.x); the price tag is likely that for upgrading it to the current Astro 7.x version. Astro 7.x is IP-based at the network level rather than circuit switched, and involves much newer hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.