Atlanta, GA - Fulton county putting off updates to emergency radio system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
ATLANTA — Fulton County first responders are operating under an outdated radio system that is 20 years old. The system is due for a complete overhaul in its infrastructure, but commissioners met one hitch in deciding to proceed with an update to this crucial element in public safety.

The Marietta Daily Journal - Fulton county putting off updates to emergency radio system
Fulton County first responders are operating under an outdated radio system that is 20 years old. The system is due for a complete overhaul in its infrastructure, but commissioners met one hitch in deciding to proceed with an update to this crucial element in public safety.

Read more: The Marietta Daily Journal - Fulton county putting off updates to emergency radio system

Fulton County first responders are operating under an outdated radio system that is 20 years old. The system is due for a complete overhaul in its infrastructure, but commissioners met one hitch in deciding to proceed with an update to this crucial element in public safety.

Read more: The Marietta Daily Journal - Fulton county putting off updates to emergency radio system

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
This really gets me, the separatist attitude of the north county cities. Never mind they've gotten what amounts to a FREE RIDE on the existing analog system and are in fact, the heaviest users of the system, they would much rather pay MORE to be on yet ANOTHER disparate system?

Stupid stupid stupid. Typical snob mentality so prevalent in the area. If I were managing the Fulton TRS, I'd evict these already non paying tenants and tell them FINE. GET YOUR OWN PLACE. Oh, and of you think you're gonna have free site rent on the COUNTY OWNED properties like Morgan Falls and Burdett Rd to collocate your new system, think again. That will cost you $$$$$$ a month and a signed lease.

You want to be like that? Go ahead, pay up. Snobs.

rapidcharger

I'd go one step further and say all those little separatist burghs are just the right size for a nice base-mobile system. They should be kicked off the fulton trs and can all go straight to low band.

Status
Not open for further replies.