Polk County, GA quietly gone trunking

Status
Not open for further replies.

gfkeith

Most of Polk County,GA( including Rockmart and Cedartown), has quietly gone to 450-470 digital trunking. The only part left is county fire,which will be completed at 1700 hrs on Friday 14 December 2012. At that time the old system will be completely shut down. I am looking for more information on the system.

Avery93

Premium Subscriber
The only license for a public safety trunk system in Polk County is WQPI329, registered to the Polk County Board of Commissioners. That license is for a UHF MotoTRBO/DMR trunk system.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
Next door Paulding county is also planning to migrate to a MotoTRBO Connect Plus UHF trunking system by the first of the year and will no longer be on their VHF conventional system in use today.

egulleyjr

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Next door Paulding county is also planning to migrate to a MotoTRBO Connect Plus UHF trunking system by the first of the year and will no longer be on their VHF conventional system in use today.

OK, is it spaulding or Paulding?? because Griffin, GA is in SPaulding county and is not too far from Locust Grove, where I have a nephew.

ProducerGuy

Good to know UHF isn't being totally abandoned as "the security guard band" (as some have called it). I've often said that trunking on UHF would/should work better. All that needs to be done (if it hasn't already) is get GRE to add DMR into the PSR-800, along with anything else that hasn't been added already.

Last edited:

BartowCountyScanner

Banned
Bartow County (another neighbor to Polk) will be switching to a different system in 2013 or 2014. During this years Sheriff debates it was mentioned they were looking at 800 mhz Digital, but that could change if another system proved to be better and more cost efficient. The last SPLOST referendum that passed included funds to be set aside for a new system which takes effect in 2014. I personally am not a big fan of the Digital network Cobb has, the audio sounds terrible to me.

klan5132

Premium Subscriber
gone silent

Most of Polk County,GA( including Rockmart and Cedartown), has quietly gone to 450-470 digital trunking. The only part left is county fire,which will be completed at 1700 hrs on Friday 14 December 2012. At that time the old system will be completely shut down. I am looking for more information on the system.

yea this really bites. its a good way to keep up with whats going on in the community

Status
Not open for further replies.