Tucson, AZ - New police radio system nearly ready

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfreiman

Premium Subscriber
I haven't been following this. I hope this won't make my (non-digital) scanners obsolete? TPD is one of the last systems left I can listen to. The Sheriff and Marana PD are already on systems that are a challenge to monitor.

TUCSON — A 10-year project to allow first responders from various local agencies to talk to one another on radios is nearly complete.

New police radio system nearly ready

cookmaster

Tucson,AZ-New Police radio system

there is already a lot of conversations taking place here on Radio Reference, take a look in the Arizona forum, on this same subject, and by the way unless you buy a PSR-800 to be able listening to PCWIN in about two months or so, your analog scanner will be almost obsolete for listening to public safety in Pima County.

sfreiman

Premium Subscriber
That sucks
there is already a lot of conversations taking place here on Radio Reference, take a look in the Arizona forum, on this same subject, and by the way unless you buy a PSR-800 to be able listening to PCWIN in about two months or so, your analog scanner will be almost obsolete for listening to public safety in Pima County.

i own the PSR-800 i got few years ago and glad i did buy it i looked on ebay no one is selling them my friend is thinking of selling his for $600 and i bet it will sell fast but i'm going to keep mine it works great as my base scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.