GRID-EX 2 - Largest Domestic Excercise Yet. NOV 16-17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have not seen this mentioned on the RR boards.

GRIDEX is an exercise including local,state(law enf) federal agencies,military(US and Foreign)..
along with over 100 other private participants.

The exercise is scheduled to simulate a massive powergrid shutdown due to cyber attack,EMP
solar flare,what have you.

The areas involved cover much of the east coast.

From what I gather,it is geared towards testing communications and logistics among the players.

There may also be smaller scale drills,local or state level with federal players,private contractors and other participants(simulating threats or attacks) and the response to said scenarios.

GridEx

Program and monitor your radios.May be some good listening..

Cheers!

KC8ESL

Premium Subscriber
Looks to me like it will be Nov 13-14, 2013. It was Nov 16-17, 2011.

What exactly should we be monitoring? It's a bit vague to me.

Sorry boss,cant direct you..
Monitoring info will vary from area to area.

Posted this purely as a notification.

Yes,,I misread,Twas early and posted before
caffeine kicked in..13-14 are the propper dates..

Ill refer all Q's to the NERC site,and
asked in the respective state forums.

Last edited:

ind224

This is great news!! The last big training op I remember was 9/11 and on the same day of the training for that event the actual event occurred confusing the already confused even more. YouTube has some of those comms.

I guess the prudent thing for a scannist is to be ready for a real grid shutdown or attack by enemies foreign or domestic. :D

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
During SAME time frame as the USDHS has put all LEA's in metro areas on high alert for the "Food Stamp Riots" that they are scared are going to happen because the amount drops due to Fed Program ending.... Curious. Mine go from 200 to like 178... I'm so gonna riot... Uh huh, yeah.... I can still buy what I need with some left over. ( I may get mad about the other changes in Feb .. Moving date of card refill a week or so later... From 10th of month to like 20somethingth.... LOL)

Last edited by a moderator:

riveter

Premium Subscriber
During SAME time frame as the USDHS has put all LEA's in metro areas on high alert for the "Food Stamp Riots"...

Which I can say, speaking from that exact demographic, hasn't actually happened...

You know...I TRIED to keep this clean of the lil connecting issues..

There are A LOT of whacked things occurring domestically. Anyone who
can read(and has a desire to do so) can see all the balls in the air at this time.

I found this video,on youtube..Not conspiratorial, but from what I feel are MOSTLY
rational people in the know...about 20 minutes..Pertaining to GRIDEX..

Real American Blackout: Will GridEx II Protect Against It or Ensure It Happens? - YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.