blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
=======
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Uniden America
Irving, TX

Uniden America will be announcing their newest flagship scanners in an online event at noon Central Time on Saturday, November 16. The web site for the announcement is:

Uniden New Scanner Launch - YouTube.

The presentation will last about 20 minutes. Additional details will follow the presentation.

Uniden America is the industry leader in public safety scanning.
=======

Last edited:

szron

d2aa550c_boldstate-hype-train.png

All aboard the hype train!

pepsima1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Scanner users knew something was bound to come down the pipe sooner than later. So if anybody bought any equipment lately then any negative post is a mute subject as far as I am concerned. People like myself have been holding out and saving my chips for a long while now and keep saving to have what is coming from Uniden.

Bring on the good stuff Uniden. Make sure you test your video and audio equipment before Saturday morning to make sure there are no failures. Who knows..... Maybe the video portion has already been taped and is already to go for Saturday's big Smack Down Event.

radiomanNJ1

I want I want but I don't want to pay will be the next cry. These same people who have been complaining about about the price on digital scanners will keep crying when the newer models are introduced.

N9NRA

Premium Subscriber
d2aa550c_boldstate-hype-train.png

All aboard the hype train!

Wow! That looks like the train i rode when i and my folks went to Italy a few years back :D. Anyway back on topic, wonder what they`ll come out with, mabey an HP1 in a more portable case (a la BCD396T/XT) mabey :)? We can always hope and dream! N9NRA.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Gentleman, let's try and keep this thread on topic. I've deleted several off topic political comments which added nothing to the thread.

alwayslookin

So does this mean that they will be available for purchase on Saturday and be able to be shipped by to where I would have it by the end of next week or so?

dupree617

Premium Subscriber
It's nice, but I can't afford whatever it is. And yet there is a P-25 phase 2 system that I would love to listen to. It's about two hours away.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
As has been already talked to death in the Uniden Forum, the scanner will be announced, and WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE IN 2013! It will be coming out in 2014 as are the multiple new scanners from Whistler. The product name also is in the Uniden forum. It has HP in its FCC type acceptance, so there you go.... BTW, does this thread violate the multiples rules???? WEG

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I have a feeling that "Home Patrol", or "HP" will be the new generic name for a Uniden scanner, like "Bearcat" and "Trunktracker" were. From the diagrams I saw on the other thread it looks like a 996 chassis, I don't think a touch screen will fit.

johnls7424

Premium Subscriber
Would be nice if it now has EDACS Provoice acceptable talkgroups. Like they did some backdoor stuff to allow access to listen to frequencies exclusively for this scanner.

abbadabbado

it has taken me 2 years to figure out the 996t here i go again but it will be fun got to find the dang coffee can buried in the back yard

Status
Not open for further replies.