Uniden Announces the Launch of the BCD536HP and BCD436HP Radios

Status
Not open for further replies.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uniden this weekend announced the new BCD536HP (base/mobile) and the BCD436HP (handheld) Radios in this Youtube video.

Uniden New Scanner Launch - YouTube

These new radios include the full RadioReference.com database and the same easy to use HomePatrol interface, as well as a full keypad and fully programmable DMA architecture similar to the BCD996/BCD336 radios.

Keep an eye on UpMan's Youtube channel - he has posted some great videos:

Uniden Upman - YouTube

You can also participate in the discussions regarding these new models in these discussion forums threads:

http://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-scanners/278120-bcd436hp-discussion-thread.html
http://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-scanners/278121-bcd536hp-discussion-thread.html

Attachments

• 7WEqpBI.jpg
    7WEqpBI.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 13,608
  • Sl2xyv6.jpg
    Sl2xyv6.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 18,808
WOWZERS...Those are some sexy looking units!

Just got my first 996 & 396...thought i was Done having Uniden daydreams...lol.

But seriously that extended dispay is nice on the base...the handhelds looks fantastic too!..
looks like its rubberized..

Intimidator21801

Premium Subscriber
BCD536HP and BCD436HP Radios
Will either of these 2 scanners work in Las Vegas, Nv? They used to have DesertSky, but have since went with Motorola. Can someone let me know. If it will work, I am definatley buying one

tateconcepts

K5CDR
I can't wait to buy one! I will...the day they release programming software for Mac.

I second this. I am also both an Apple / Linux and Windows User. I really don't care for Windows 8. The more recent version 8.1 has been slightly better but I find myself using an Apple OS frequently and actually find it great virtualized on my MacMini Server version with XenServer or VMware Vsphere. I really would prefer to see something like FreeScan ported to Apple OS and/or Android / iOS.

I guess Uniden thinks that their new 'mobile' app will be 'sooo cool'. We shall see, I wish they would do that with their darn camera system.

tateconcepts

K5CDR
Will either of these 2 scanners work in Las Vegas, Nv? They used to have DesertSky, but have since went with Motorola. Can someone let me know. If it will work, I am definatley buying one

Not that everyone is a bad guy but I can see the Bitcoin frenzied, silk road users loathing for one of these. Especially in more areas than some no doubt.

JonHanson

I second this. I am also both an Apple / Linux and Windows User. I really don't care for Windows 8. The more recent version 8.1 has been slightly better but I find myself using an Apple OS frequently and actually find it great virtualized on my MacMini Server version with XenServer or VMware Vsphere. I really would prefer to see something like FreeScan ported to Apple OS and/or Android / iOS.

I guess Uniden thinks that their new 'mobile' app will be 'sooo cool'. We shall see, I wish they would do that with their darn camera system.

A while ago I offered to write the Sentinel version used for programming the HomePatrol-1 for OS X. These scanners will use also use Uniden's Sentinel. I went through the process to become a developer and signed a license with Uniden only to find out that whatever I develop can't do the database updates nor download the firmware updates (they won't allow third-parties to do that). Basically all it could do was be a Favorites manager. You would still need Windows to update the frequency/talkgroups and to do firmware updates. This made me less anxious to make an OS X application. I've still been tinkering with it a little bit but I really haven't had the drive to complete it because I don't think there will be much use for it.

JonHanson

If Las Vegas has switched from OpenSky to Motorola trunking then it will work (I'm not aware of any scanner that decodes OpenSky). If they are encrypting talkgroups you won't be able to hear those.

yardbird

Premium Subscriber
Good looking scanners

I especially like the handheld

Looks similar to the BCD396T and BCD396XT except the case is longer

I was looking at buying a GRE PSR 800, but I think I will hold off till these are released.

Any idea of a price?

David

kc8hnz

Premium Subscriber
A picture is worth a thousand words.

Attachments

• Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg
    Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 10,292

TexScan780D

Premium Subscriber
These are very nice, my last Bearcat is a BC780XLT and time to upgrade. I just wish there was a Bluetooth interface so I could get the scanner audio through my hearing aids by the way of Bluetooth. Sure would be nice to get the audio from the scanner through Bluetooth, maybe the someone on RR knows way.

3MTA344

If anybody thinks that these prices are out of this world then you are crazy. I was going through old paperwork the other night cleaning out old stuff and found a receipt from a local HAM dealer back in May of 2005 and I bought

The UNIDEN BC296D for 519.99. Back then the technology was not the greatest and the features were not on this radio like they are today with all of the added Phase I and Phase II Plus more. Plus the APCO P25 Digital Card was a separate item to make the digital talkgroups decode.

This was 8 or 9 years ago and that was a boat load of money back then. So for these units to go up 20 bucks during these strange times and high inflation everybody is crazy. Its a deal. If you look at the specs from the BC296D and then the BCD436HP then you will find comfort that you are still getting a great deal and a great radio and it is software driven and we have a full database from RR now that will be free with updates every Monday morning.

I think UPMan will agree with everything that I am saying right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.