Northfield, IL Teen Rescued After Cell Tower Climb

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD2DXF

Nobody
Premium Subscriber
"It happened around 10 p.m. Friday night at a tower right behind a fire station in the 1800 blk. of Winnetka Road. Residents alerted the firefighters to a teen who had apparently climbed up the 110 foot tower but could not get back down."

Wonder if this will prompt a fence to be erected around the perimeter. Interesting video though.

Teen rescued after climbing to the top of a cell phone tower | WGN-TV

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
There is a fence around that tower. I have seen it in person and it is visible on google earth. He was trespassing

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
I say bill his mother and father for the rescue. Then the teen needs to do community service. Sorry but first responders have more to do. What happens if a person has a heart attack and they were at hey I want attention call these kids need to learn these things.

1hogrider

I say bill his mother and father for the rescue. Then the teen needs to do community service. Sorry but first responders have more to do. What happens if a person has a heart attack and they were at hey I want attention call these kids need to learn these things.

I wonder if the first responders were concerned with RF exposure?

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Riggers climb these towers every day without any worry.

Most sites use highly directional antennas and unless you are directly in front of the antenna, your exposure will be very limited.

DPD1

I guess this is the modern-day water tower now. Kind of surprised it doesn't happen more often, considering how many are out there now.

KB5ILY

The only issue I see with billing his parents is that the story says he is 18, so under most laws he is considered an adult. Send him the bill and attach all of his bank accounts, taxes & licenses until it is paid.

CapStar362

its interesting he got up there.... how could he not get back down, unless he was too scared...... oh forgot......stupid enough to climb it in the first place..... should have left him up there till he got the balls to climb down.

those towers have step rungs in the shaft itself... whats the problem here?

yes send HIM the bill, sequester his paychecks till its paid off!! or just sue him <-- can that be done by officials?

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
Unless the village has an ordinance on the books for charging for rescue other special emergency services there is no way to get this person to pay on their own without suing them. Though he can be charged criminally for trespass or disorderly conduct and be required by the court for the cost expended for the services

Status
Not open for further replies.