Colonial Heights, VA - City considers $7 million for regional radio system

Status
Not open for further replies.

nfc2014

Premium Subscriber
How much could be saved by not encrypting .I know its hard but please be honest show your residents the true figures they deserve to see

kc4jgc

This doesn't make sense!

Colonial Heights is already part of the Central VA regional trunk system, which includes Richmond as well as Chesterfield and Henrico counties. I had to double check the article for the date. I smell something bad.

Update: I've written an email to the author of that article:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ms Small,

Your article about the Colonial Heights possible radio communications upgrade was posted by a fellow member of Radio Reference.com.

I'm confused as to what upgrade the city wants. Colonial Heights has been a member of the central Virginia regional P25 trunk system, which includes Richmond, Chesterfield County and Henrico County for several years now. See this page in the Radio Reference database. This is accurate as I have Colonial Heights programmed in my scanner using this data ; I receive all transmissions except the CHPD dispatch talk group, which became encrypted on April 1, 2014.

Petersburg operates its own P25 trunk system, completely separate from the regional system.

Why does Colonial Heights REALLY need an additional $7 million?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I included links to the RRDB to the systems referenced.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.