• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

New Map Shows NEXEDGE SMR Systems Nationwide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starcom21

IL /MO/Global DB Adm!n
Database Admin
From Radio Resource https://www.rrmediagroup.com/News/NewsDetails/newsID/16854

New Map Shows NEXEDGE SMR Systems Nationwide
Wednesday, May 09, 2018

JVCKENWOOD launched an interactive, searchable website for the local and regional NEXEDGE digital SMR systems across the United States. The NEXEDGE SMR online map features more than 1,100 sites and 3,500 NEXEDGE channels on more than 100 private systems. The map will be updated as more sites are added

Site visitors can search by ZIP code or state and immediately access the contact information for NEXEDGE dealers in that geographic area.

The map is available here:
Kenwood | SMR Coverage Map

Last edited by a moderator:

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
You don"t

That map is to show you where there is NexEdge coverage. You pick where you need coverage and it will give you a dealer(s) that provide that coverage.

Understood, but the quote here from the OP is misleading to me...
From Radio Resource The NEXEDGE SMR online map features more than 1,100 sites and 3,500 NEXEDGE channels on more than 100 private systems. The map will be updated as more sites are added

D

DaveNF2G

Much of the coverage map seems optimistic. With no sites licensed in New York State, Burlington Communcations claims coverage into Rensselaer County. There are mountains.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Icom would be surprised.

From the Icom America website:

IDAS[emoji769] is Icom's digital land mobile radio system using the NXDN[emoji769] common air interface.

NEXEDGE is Kenwoods trade name for NXDN. So no iDAS is not a ‘variant’ of NEXEDGE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trbogeek

Premium Subscriber
Much of the coverage map seems optimistic. With no sites licensed in New York State, Burlington Communications claims coverage into Rensselaer County. There are mountains.

This appears to be extremely optimistic. FM Communications lists three sites in Western NY, primarily Buffalo, and yet the map shows them covering out to Utica, Watertown, Syracuse, Southern-tier, etc. There is no way that's happening, not to mention, dealers in those regions should be upset, because of no factory representation. Basically the map is of no use, and "fake news", lol

W4UVV

Doesn't work in Virginia on my computator

I selected the link and the website and nada, nothing returned for state selection...blank screen. I selected several different states, New York, Illinois....no displays...same results.....waste of time.:confused:

John
W4UVV

Starcom21

IL /MO/Global DB Adm!n
Database Admin
Works fine

Works fine for me, except in some versions of Internet Explorer (Maxthon didn't work). Works in the latest versions of Chrome and Firefox.

garys

Premium Subscriber
I selected Massachusetts and the map brought me to Mississippi. I then entered my Zip Code and got one company in MA and to in Michigan.

Plus as others have noted, the coverage is a bit optimistic.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Why is this even here? Its an AD folks. Plain and simple. An AD selling NexEDGE SMR services. File 13 I say. Its an ploy for you to get their cookies to tell them there is an possible angle for an area to push an service.

Status
Not open for further replies.