Database color update

Status
Not open for further replies.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I was wondering how the color change works like if there is a update shows green than yellow after 24 hours. I've been looking if there is a certain code or program that works in office or open office. I've been updating my spreadsheets and word docs and was looking into where it automatic changes color when updating.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I haven't had no luck finding anything. I'm using office 2016 and been trying to figure out on the color(s) change in a row. Say if I update a Description and I like to see the whole row a certain color for up to 24 hours than change to a different color for a week. I've looked on youtube and google no luck. Does anyone know how this works in excel?

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
Moved since this doesn't pertain to the RR database.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
The color change you're seeing is a function of both the RadioReference database and the programming which creates what you see on your web browser. When you bring up a certain section of the database on your browser, the programming looks at the "last updated" field for each record; if that date is within the last 24 hours it causes that record to be displayed in green. Likewise, the following two to seven days are then displayed yellow. After one week, the record reverts to normal display.

You might be able to cause the same behavior to occur automatically in Excel or another spreadsheet program by using a script, but since the "last updated" field isn't available as part of the file download you would have to create and update a "last updated" field manually.

Status
Not open for further replies.