Facebook Robot Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golay

I suppose this is as good a place as any to ask this query:

Starting yesterday, when I try to reply to a post on Facebook, I get a pop-up saying that FB wants to verify I'm not a robot before I can reply. I can log in fine, and peruse fine, just can't post or reply to comments.

So I'm sure most have been thru the same routine on different webpages.. First I'm asked to check a box saying I'm not a robot, then some pictures pop up, and I'm told something like "Click on all the pictures that have a vehicle in them".

So for some reason, I'm a little leery of going thru this routine. I've been on FB for years now, and this is my first encounter with this sort of thing. I can't shag the feeling wondering if this is really Facebook doing this, or is there some nefarious malware or spyware at work. I googled "Facebook robot check" and nothing about this is coming up.
Has anyone ever had to go thru this routine to post or reply to a comment on Facebook?

Thanks

DJ11DLN

I'm not on FB but it sounds like the regular Captcha robot check that many different bulletin boards use when you register, also many other secure sites use it for regular logins. It's just a security barrier to keep someone from logging in as you and doing things that you probably wouldn't like.

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
You may want to have a good look at all the Apps you use with Faceboook. Some of these post on your behalf, etc and can make Facebook think you're a bot. You find your Apps on the left side of Facebook on the web page, or in your settings somewhere there.

Another factor could be your IP address. If at one time the IP address you use now was once used as a bot, or if it was used with a router that was hacked, and said hacked router was up to no good, then chances are your current "new" IP address has been tossed on the radar.

What browser are you using, and have you tried another browser?

Status
Not open for further replies.