Modded B.I.O.S for older machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was given a computer :D :D :D :Dwith a motherboard D945GTP by INTEL and everyone says it can and can't take a core 2 duo. With a BIOS mod could it take the Core 2 Duo? I know it is OLD but I'd like to do this if I can thanks!

Linkero

According to Intel, no you can't. All other sources I looked at says the same. The C2D's are LGA775 as well(the chipset on that board), so if you have one then all I can say is "try it." I don't really see why it wouldn't work, except voltage needs. I'm pretty sure I had the same motherboard with a E8400 in it. Unfortunately, I can't say that for definite as a few 945 boards were made and I can't recall the exact one I had. If it was free and you don't care about it much, take a stab at putting one in there and see what happens! It'll probably work and boot up and all that, but it'll probably be highly unstable if that processor isn't getting enough juice.

No POST

According to Intel, no you can't. All other sources I looked at says the same. The C2D's are LGA775 as well(the chipset on that board), so if you have one then all I can say is "try it." I don't really see why it wouldn't work, except voltage needs. I'm pretty sure I had the same motherboard with a E8400 in it. Unfortunately, I can't say that for definite as a few 945 boards were made and I can't recall the exact one I had. If it was free and you don't care about it much, take a stab at putting one in there and see what happens! It'll probably work and boot up and all that, but it'll probably be highly unstable if that processor isn't getting enough juice.

OK Big update yous guys... I tried the C2D and NO POST. The lights and fan came on but no scree at all :( Six bucks it was worth a shot... Latest BIOS TOO! I know there are different boards D945G/GTP/GZ GABCDEF etc but someone on a diff forum said they got it to work but not me oh well thanks Linkero... If anyone finds out anything later on lemmie kno pls thanks!

Linkero

OK Big update yous guys... I tried the C2D and NO POST. The lights and fan came on but no scree at all :( Six bucks it was worth a shot... Latest BIOS TOO! I know there are different boards D945G/GTP/GZ GABCDEF etc but someone on a diff forum said they got it to work but not me oh well thanks Linkero... If anyone finds out anything later on lemmie kno pls thanks!

Really sad to hear that it didn't work, but it was worth the shot. If you ever happen to be in the MD area shoot me a message on here. I still have my E8400 and an aftermarket motherboard and will gladly give it to ya. The processor safely overclocks to 4.0 GHz.

E6600

Really sad to hear that it didn't work, but it was worth the shot. If you ever happen to be in the MD area shoot me a message on here. I still have my E8400 and an aftermarket motherboard and will gladly give it to ya. The processor safely overclocks to 4.0 GHz.

Thanks... That board doesn't like the E6600 C2D... Care to dump your BIOS for me :D :D :D

Thanks

Looks like a nogo to confirm per Intel support.....

MB list:
https://www.intel.com/content/www/u...000005588/boards-and-kits/desktop-boards.html

D945 compatible uPs (PentiumD, Pentium4, and CeleronD only chips listed)
:https://www.intel.com/content/www/u...000005841/boards-and-kits/desktop-boards.html

good luck

$.02

Yah looks like it couda been BOTS on the other forums saying they got theirs do use one... I was thinking about drilling a hole in the C2D and hanging it from the car mirror lolz... The FAN was very well put in there guess they ditn' want anyone messaging in its guts lol Danke! just more birdies in the scanning life guess...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.