"Hotline" frequency?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottct1

Feed Provider
I live in Newington and this weekend heard a few things going on and one of them was some kind of chase that went through Newington, through Berlin, then Meriden.

The dispatcher kept on saying she was in contact with Berlin PD over the hotline channel. As the chase got to Meriden she said that the signal for the hotline channel couldn't be reaceived in Meriden.

Then on Sunday something else happen and dispatch said they were in contact with New Britain police over the hotline frequency...

Does anyone know what frequency this is? I would love to add it to my scanning.

Thanks!

CT1396

Try plugging in 45.860. That's the main hotline freq for the state. Also, search Hartford County in the database, I know there are some other interop freq's out there.

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
CT1396 is correct with 45.8600, this is the "CT Statewide PD hotline" used between base stations. The system is base to base simplex operations with each "Net Control" usually (not always) being the local CSP troop. This system is used mostly throughout New Haven, Hartford, Litchfield, Middlesex and New London counties. I beleive there might be or used to be 3 separate regional PLs / DPLs but to catch the action its better not to program one in to your scanner. It should be listed in each regional county database or in the CT statewide database here.

Fairfield County has thier own PD-to-PD network frequency and only a handful operate on 45.8600.

Also there are smaller regional PD networks like "SCAN" (South Central Area police Network) in New Haven County (460.100).

SKYNET156

Duplicate account of Tom Sherman
Banned
the 800mhz SPERN hotline is prob what meriden and berlin would be on because they are both 800mhz...i can't remember off the top of my head the frequency, but i have heard it used in a few foot and car chases

CT1396

the 800mhz SPERN hotline is prob what meriden and berlin would be on because they are both 800mhz...i can't remember off the top of my head the frequency, but i have heard it used in a few foot and car chases

Yup, good catch! I had forgotten about the 800MHz SPERN frequency. I believe I have heard, in the past, West Hartford PD & Trooper 1 working an incident together.

SKYNET156

Duplicate account of Tom Sherman
Banned
i know they use SPERN for the 800mhz I/O in where there are town's primarily 800mhz, berlin, meriden, and wallingford run a straight line of 800mhz, as well as south windsor going into that area, and the state police i have heard have an analog patch into hartfords EDACS system...which i can't believe is still in operation..im pretty sure we have a frequency in every band which is nuts, we are such a small state we should pull for a statewide system to cover all the major cities...but i moved out of there years ago to brooklyn and im not sure if it has gotten any better since 99'

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
New London county 123.0
New haven county110.9
Hartford county136.6

Litchfield,windham,tolland,Fairfield counties do not use this frequency

K1EAK

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Rick; I have been using 45.86 with no PL, but now I'm starting to get some interference on the channel breaking squelch, so the PL should solve it.
Fred
K1EAK

ecps92

Ranger0034

Just to iterate, HPD's talk group 840 is dedicated to the hotline, so if you're in the Hartford area, you'll be able to hear both agencies loud and clear as opposed to the simplex hotline channel itself

Status
Not open for further replies.