We can't listen to the Bristol Police, what biggest police near by can we listen to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbskate19

We can't listen to the Bristol Police, what biggest police near by can we listen to?
If we can't listen to the Bristol, Connecticut Police Department, what would be the most nearest and closest to Bristol, Connecticut, biggest town/city near by to listen to by population or more active for Law enforcement and police department, besides the connecticut state police?
APCO-25 Stations In Our Listening Area - Scan New England Wiki
Station: Bristol CT Police
Alpha Tag: Bristol PD
Remarks: With encyption police only
Confirmation Date: 2006
Bristol Trunking System, Bristol, Connecticut - Scanner Frequencies
Latest News Update Posted on 2004-12-09 07:06:26
All of the police talk groups are now encrypted and the rest of the users are APCO-25 digital but not encrypted.
Mode: E
Mode: A
Bristol Trunk - Scan New England Wiki
BPD uses encryption 24/7 on all police talkgroups
(secure)
Besides Bristol Fire and Bristol EMS in Bristol, Connecticut is there anything else worth to monitor?
If we can't listen to the Bristol, Connecticut Police Department, what would be the most nearest and closest biggest town/city near by to listen to by population or more active for Law enforcement and police department, besides the connecticut state police? Bridgeport, Hartford, West Hartford, Southington? Ones you can hear and can't hear depends where you live. Can you hear West Hartford in Bristol or Southington?

cg

Premium Subscriber
It seems like you asked and answered the question (in part) yourself.
It does depend where you live and it also depends on how you are listening. A handheld scanner with the stock antenna will obviously not have the range of the same radio hooked up to an outside antenna.
The easiest way is to program the various departments into a scanner and listen. You could also try searching VHF and UHF for activity especially Fri & Sat evenings or rush hours. 800 is kind of a pain for new folks to search due to the confusion of trunking, frequencies not consistantly the same users. Still easy to do, just not as easy as VHF & UHF.

chris

dimab

You might be able to pickup New Britain, West Hartford. Maybe Hartford.
Those are the 'big' cities around Bristol.
if you have a digital scanner, can always pickup state police.

scottb908

Feed Provider
From terryville I listen to southington plainville Farmington thomaston plymouth, state pd I can on the fringe pick up Cheshire and middletown

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
How about looking at a map of the area? That always helped me with what I've listened or wanted to listen too. Maps generally show a rough population size by the size of the font used for the town / city name. Then just look up the frequencies here in the database, plug them in and see what is up.

You need to experiment!! that is the fun of scanning and radio!

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
How about looking at a map of the area? That always helped me with what I've listened or wanted to listen too. Maps generally show a rough population size by the size of the font used for the town / city name. Then just look up the frequencies here in the database, plug them in and see what is up.

You need to experiment!! that is the fun of scanning and radio!

Thats a good idea,what map do you use?

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
I live in Wolcott and i listen to Waterbury ( digital system) which is a big city and also Wolcott (obviously) (453.1500) Cheshire,(460.4750) southington. (155.2500) prospect,(159.240),middlebury (159.2175) and Watertown

jdanon

Would be awesome if the state passed an anti-encryption law. At least for dispatch channels. Craft the law as being necessary for interoperability between local law enforcement and state police. The trend is disturbing and invites abuse.

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
Would be awesome if the state passed an anti-encryption law. At least for dispatch channels. Craft the law as being necessary for interoperability between local law enforcement and state police. The trend is disturbing and invites abuse.

That would be nice but would never happen,they have the hotline channels for different departments to talk to each other ,it's used quiet frequently .

Status
Not open for further replies.