Torrington PD back to encryption..

Status
Not open for further replies.

55engine

Premium Subscriber
I am sick of encryption we are god dam tax payer we have the right to know what is going on in are towns and citys I hate the police Departments that use encryption Bridgeport Meriden Southbury Milford Stamford Bristol Middlebury wilton now going New Britain, Waterbury and alot more city and towns if I can not pick up police I will not live in that city or town I live in Bristol and I hated it

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
add wolcott to your list-they have the capability of encryption but they dont use it--they did when they put their new system in but to many people in town complained so they turned it off

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
it was weird i thbnk there was more to it but between the fire dept memeber complaining and citizens it worked,there may of been more to it that i did not hear about,who knows though.we have been getting alot of big crimes in town the past year

jdanon

It could be worse. Here in Canada, ENC is on it's way to be soon used by EVERY police agency. No exceptions. Period.

It will be that way here too eventually. A lot of the towns in southwest Connecticut are full or part-time encrypted: Bridgeport, Milford, Wilton, Greenwich, Norwalk, Stamford, Westport, to name a few, might be a few others I'm missing, but there are some wealthy towns that can buy the latest and greatest and all of the new purchases include encryption options. The use of encryption seems to depend on who is mayor, but I could see large scale decisions about encryption being made at the federal or state level (you know... to keep us all safe) in the near future the same way they legislated certain communications initiatives after 9/11.

ts548

I am sick of encryption we are god dam tax payer we have the right to know what is going on in are towns and citys

No you don't. Where is it stated that you have the right to listen to communications? It's a privledge, not a right.

cg

Premium Subscriber
When they want to spend what they should have from the beginning.

chris

russellmaher

KC1ANC
I wonder if they're trying to discourage us from monitoring their comms by switching back and forth from encrypted to not.

They'll bounce between the two and hope that we'll get tired of trying to folllow and just leave them be.

Russell

Mork

Premium Subscriber
I wonder if they're trying to discourage us from monitoring their comms by switching back and forth from encrypted to not.

They'll bounce between the two and hope that we'll get tired of trying to folllow and just leave them be.

Russell

I really don't think that's the case :)

More like they still can't get the Nexedge system working right. Coverage stinks. I cannot believe how weak the signal is throughout the town.

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
and yet in Brooklyn, (CT) 60 miles away, I have no problems hearing them in the car. Go figure.
They are a regular catch here in RI, all we need is a little trop and they're the first ones in.

Mork

Premium Subscriber
and yet in Brooklyn, (CT) 60 miles away, I have no problems hearing them in the car. Go figure.
They are a regular catch here in RI, all we need is a little trop and they're the first ones in.

That is very strange. I've never heard them past Farmington on my way to RI. The signal is spotty on Main street Torrington especially on the portable (396xt) or HP-1. I can't understand why they would 'borrow' Harwinton's frequency. They may even be using the Harwinton tower.

Status
Not open for further replies.