Sandy Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

scollier

Hey all,

With Sandy "fast approaching", I'm assuming the usual DHEMS frequencies will be in use as well as the UI/CLP lowbands.

Now that Shelton has an EOC, is there a frequency that goes along with it! I'll be checking as long as I have power. Should have ordered my freedompop modem earlier LOL Oh well! Sit in the dark and fall asleep! LOL.

shawn

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
the dot freqs are good to have and public works depts freqs in every town along with the fd and pd.CLP are good but i never hear much talk on their freqs low band and the couple of high bands,they may be using cell phones and they did say they had GPS in their trucks now so they can see what area they are in.even DOT does not talk much if at all.is there a freq for the emergency operation center when they open it up also the national guard may be activated but i dont know if they use radio or cells.State police are also will be very active especially for state road closings or highway closing due to heavy flooding.

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
heres what i posted on another fourmi m on

CT state police-They will be very active especially if there is highways and ramps that need to be closed due to heavy flooding and/or trees down.

CT DOT-low band freq and the couple of high bands although i very rarely hear them talk

local FD,public works and police and EMS

CLP and UI--I never hear much chatter on CLP freqs,they may be using cell phone but if towers go down they may be using the 2 ways alot more

CRCOG emergency management freqs

National guard--if they have 2 way radios or they use cells (that if they are even activated depending how bad we get hit according to Gov malloy)

STOCS channels

DEEP channel

noobiest

I was going up to Torr. again and heard that same static. So I passed a bunch of DOT trucks, I turn that " bank" on and heard DOT.

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
There is also listening to the Coast Guard and Ham Radio freqs too.

joetnymedic

Feed Provider
Well, If for some strange reason this doesn't hit us, Walmart will be laughing all the way to the bank. I was in the West Haven store tonight and they had to put pallets of water out on the floor. The flashlights are gone, batteries almost history and Water - HA!! I was buying a couple of cases of soda, which is the reason I went there and I swear these two ladies were ready to rock and roll in the aisle because the first lady helped herself to like the last 10 - 1 gallon jugs of water. While prior to the storms always seem to bring out the worse in people I notice that after the storm the best comes out for the most part. Just to gice you guys an idea. Here's a pic of the water aisle

Attachments

• walmart water.jpg
    walmart water.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 1,077

SCPD

QRT
Alert For Westchester County, NY(Hurricane Sandy)

Here in Westchester County, NY--We are asking all motorists to stay off the typical parkways that flood..i.e., Saw Mill River Parkway(Yonkers area), Hutchinson River Parkway(typical area around Lincoln Avenue in Pelham)just south of The Cross County Parkway, also The Bronx River Parkway by the Sprain Brook Parkway split by Paxton Avenue Northbouund/Southbound through Bronxville and North of Crane Road by Fenimore Road(Hartsdale Exit) and also Main Street area(White Plains) and North by The County Center. Other areas get very bad an un-passable along the Saw Mill River Parkway typically in Elmsford by Rt.119 exit. Do not drive in flooded areas!!! This is were most deaths occur.

Bob Mason(Westchester County,NY)Emergency Services-American Red Cross
Eastchester Fire Department-N.Y. State Exempt Firefighter

**Everyone MUST take this storm seriously and start taking action NOW!
Please stay off the highways and let us doour jobs so that emergency vehicles can get through and last but not least...do NOT drive through baracadied areas. We go through this every year partically around the BRP at Paxton Avenue.
Thanks to all members here and be safe. If anyone has any questions...please feel free to respond to my post here and if I miss-threading..please move it to a new thread.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Please put this posting into the New York area...I see I listed this in CT discussion room! I am too busy to make the PROPER changes so moderators..please help me here.
Thanks!

Bob

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
Make sure that you also recharge your rechargeable batteries, ham radio HT''s and cell phones.

And of course another good thing to listen to is the NOAA weather radio.

Last edited:

scottb908

Feed Provider
To all ARES members and other interested radio amateurs.

Critical frequecies for the upcoming storm event

For National Weather Service reports for our area, 162.400, located on Soapstone Mountain.

Skywarn for Hartford/ Tolland Counties W1HDN 146.790, negative offset, PL82.5

For Skywarn, any amateur may check-in, but reports must be limited to criteria. Namely: property damage, downed trees, roads with at least 6 inches of water in the travel lanes, or wind greater than 40 mph. The net control will generally list criteria at the beginning of the net. Please keep your reports within his guidelines so as not to tie up this frequency during this natural emergency.

Please monitor the statewide ARES command frequencies: W1EDH 147.090, offset +, PL 110.9
KB1AEV 147.345, offset +, PL 77.0

Check-in as appropriate, and report as directed.

The KB1AEV repeater is also used for Region 5 Skywarn, and statewide ARES Command. Please refrain from using this frequency for general QSOs, or at least be sensitive to important traffic.

Local frequencies for Region III Northwest

K1YON 145.230, negative Offset, No PL - Region III northwest communications frequency

We will have formal nets at 8:00 AM tomorrow, and noon tomorrow. The net control will call additional nets as necessary based on weather conditions.

W1CWA 146.820, negative Offset, No PL - Bloomfield Amateur Radio, Emergency Net Service

We will have nets at 9:00 AM tomorrow and 1 PM local tomorrow. The net control will call additional nets as necessary based on weather conditions.

For the initial part of the storm, our greatest asset is the intelligence out in the community to report conditions. Stay home and be safe. Report conditions at your QTH and we will collect this information on the nets and forward to the appropriate authorities. After the storm, if we need to support shelters, I will get these requests out via the Region III northwest local frequencies. For now, stay home and make sure your families are safe.

Thanks and 73,

Bill (AB1LZ)
EC for Simsbury and Canton CT.

ALSO

146.535: Simplex CT Statewide Backup
146.790/146.190: Vernon Hartford/Tolland Counties CT PL 82.5 Hz****
147.000/147.600: Soapstone Hartford/Tolland Counties CT PL: 127.3 Hz
147.225/147.825: Killingly Windham County CT PL: 156.7 Hz
145.370/144.770: Torrington Litchfield County CT PL: 77.0 Hz. Part of KB1AEV system.
146.850/146.250: Torrington Litchfield County CT PL: 141.3 Hz. Part of PVRA system
146.775/146.175: Norwalk Fairfield County CT PL: 100.0 Hz
145.290/144.690: Killingworth Middlesex County CT PL:110.9 Hz.
147.505/146.505: West Haven New Haven County CT PL:77.0 1 MHz Offset
147.060/147.660: Salem New London County CT PL:156.7 Hz.
146.970/146.370: Waterford New London County CT PL 156.7 Hz

VE5JL

Premium Subscriber
Anyone have a good list of government and ham HF frequencies I can plug in please.

This should be a few days of good listening.

73's good luck!

cralt

So not counting the normal PD/fire stuff... which one of these special emergancy managment/interop freqs got use?

Status
Not open for further replies.