Waterbury PD again

Status
Not open for further replies.

noobiest

So a couple hours ago the WATR PD was talking of switching something and the guy mentioned a new frequency.

cg

Premium Subscriber
Do a search of 700 and 800 freqs and see if there is a new control channel there

chris

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
The city of Waterbury, is licensed to operate on the following frequencies in conventional mode under license WQJZ411:

These might be well worth a listen.

73's

Ron

noobiest

I put those 3 in by themselves and will listen for them alone and report back lol

Well those are sure quiet.

cg

Premium Subscriber
Those are the fireground frequencies. Whether they use them in the new system or keep them as analog fireground channels remains to be seen.

chris

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
I know, Blackie, that Naug was the busiest in my bank of surrounding towns.

are you refering to naugy police or fire dept-i dont listen to the police but when its quiet ill unlock the fire dept to listen in,they used to be very busy with at least 1 structure a week back years ago-it got quiet since then but when they get a job its a decent size one.the great think is they use mutaul aid from beacon falls and waterbury and everyone goes home safe.

APX7500X2

Who in Naugy are you listening to?

Naugatuck Police, 460.350 NAC 88 Digital P25. Sounds great like they are right next to me.

The 453.400 channel was busy the other night but all Encrypted. But everything still goes out on channel 1 and anyone can listen so far

Fire & EMS systems in naugatuck are in need of some help, EMS is much worse than fire but both are ready for some upgrades.

noobiest

What is this NAC 88 Digital P25.of which you speak? I have had this frequency in and it used to work. Do I need to re-enter it using the talkgroup button, instead of conventional button? I have only ever used the conv. button. I have programmed most everything with Win 500 and RR. This has worked so well I have stayed at noob status.

N1TGE

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Just do what he said and program it in.

cg

Premium Subscriber
If you have a digital capable scanner, program that frequency as a conventional (not trunked), digital (not analog) channel. Some digital scanners cannot use the NACs (digital equal of PL/DPL) much like the early scanners could not take PL/DPL.
I always maintain it is much better to first learn how to program the scanner without relying on software or RR download. That way you get familiar with the basic operation of the radio and can edit channels to change parameters without being slaved to the computer or web. After you have basic skills, then hit the software and the internet files.

chris

noobiest

I I have a Pro-106 and the book and from what I see, doesn't say anything about a digital option after pushing the conventional button. (F2) Pushing the conventional button (F2) didn't offer the option,either. It looks like you said to NOT use the TGRP (F1) button. thanks

APX7500X2

Ok.. I don't have that type of scanner but...

A short google search came up with plenty of you tube videos on how to program that scanner.

The "Scanners and Receivers Forums" on this site has plenty of information on programming that scanner.

The help files in the programms that u can use to program that scanner have alot of information

And the owners manual has information on programming

noobiest

Thanks for pointing out that Naug stopped encryption.

Feel free to ask me, if anyone has this same problem. I know almost nothing about scanning, but can read, understand, and now answer my question in probably ten seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.