Hartford Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanner404

Feed Provider
Does anyone know why HFD sounds so muffled on the 154.310 frequency lately? Is it because they moved into their new facility on High Street?

KB1UAM

It should remain the same frequency, sometimes when the agency switches to narrowband they sometimes switch the pl code. I don't listen to hartford so I couldn't tell you if they switched frequencies or not.

bondo_06092

Premium Subscriber
They did move to the new place and from what I understand are still tweaking some radio things.

W2NJS

Narrowbanding...again!

what would the new narrowband freq be then do you know!

Narrowbanding has nothing to do with the frequency in use. It has to do with the bandwidth of the
system's transmitted signal and the receiver's bandwidth as set it its program.

Last edited:

cg

Premium Subscriber
The old police station had the dispatch center in it and was at 50 Jennings Rd. The FD administration was at 275 Pearl St. Both have moved to the new public safety facility at 253 High St.

It seems like the tones are at one volume (too high) and the voice is set too low. It isn't muffled as much as it is just too quiet.

Narrowbanding can affect negatively a radio system but they narrowbanded the 154.3100 several months ago. The trunked system wasn't affected by narrowbanding.

chris

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
It might just be coming from the new dispatch microphones at the new PSC. Does it sound muffled on Incident 1 on the 800 Mhz system too or just 154.310?

Status
Not open for further replies.