SNE Teamspeak?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
Am sure if this is the right fourm or not, but have you seen the Scan New England website lately? It seems that SNE has a teamspeak now. I use teamspeak for video gaming and I don't think I have seen it used for the radio hobby.

ecps92

Team Speak was rather big a few years ago, for those broadcasting/streaming. :wink:

Am sure if this is the right fourm or not, but have you seen the Scan New England website lately? It seems that SNE has a teamspeak now. I use teamspeak for video gaming and I don't think I have seen it used for the radio hobby.

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
Teamspeak was a great platform for a single point providing multiple feeds. Two things pretty much brought all of the scanner audio feedservers down, one of which was the move from Teamspeak 2 to Teamspeak 3. The radical difference between the two turned off a lot of people. When we went from 2 to 3 we lost probably over 50% of our visitors. The second thing was obviously Radio Reference's acquisition of Scan America. :) But it was fun while it lasted and a lot of good feeds and good chat was available, to include breaking events, the Democratic National Convention in Boston years ago, and a slew of others. At one point during its heyday the SNE Teamspeak server was hosted at a commercial location.

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
I used to love using SNE TeamSpeak for the scanner listening especially for Boston back in the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.