Wethersfield Open Carrier Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

whsesupv

Premium Subscriber
I have been getting an open type carrier noise when monitoring the town of Wethersfield trunking system. It is happening on both my 396XT and BCT15X and it could be different control channels. It has been going on for about 2 wks. It affects monitoring other systems and groups.

Weth.

I have been getting an open type carrier noise when monitoring the town of Wethersfield trunking system. It is happening on both my 396XT and BCT15X and it could be different control channels. It has been going on for about 2 wks. It affects monitoring other systems and groups.

No problems in Cromwell on 396XT or 996XT.

853.7875 is active CC right now.

Did you re-program for re-banding?
Scanner programmed "Control Channel Only"?
Have you tried changing the IF? HOLD->FUNC-> 4

Carrier

Yes! Hearing it now. Locked up on 853.075/Patrol.

I may be able to get an answer for you tomorrow.

whsesupv

Premium Subscriber
It is very frustrating and if I disable the police group out i can monitor everything in Wethersfield and other systems ok.

It is very frustrating and if I disable the police group out i can monitor everything in Wethersfield and other systems ok.

Yes this is still happening and they are likely not aware of it yet. I mentioned it to a friend who works there. They did have a problem with a defective lapel mike, but this is not that. The Officer who is in charge of their radios is out of town.

They've had some other other issues with their Minitors not resetting the squelch after narrowbanding, Randomly. They have used a Spectrum Analyzer and determined that the ambient RF "floor" is elevated in some areas for some unknown reason.

853.075 is an alternate CC, and seems to hang the most. If you hit SCAN, it will resume scanning.

Still checking.

ems170

Feed Provider
Try making sure you have detect end code turned on. This will switch the scanner back to the control channel based on "end tx data" sent from the subscriber unit, the scanner will not wait for the carrier to drop before returning.

Try making sure you have detect end code turned on. This will switch the scanner back to the control channel based on "end tx data" sent from the subscriber unit, the scanner will not wait for the carrier to drop before returning.

I think this helped - so thanks!

It solves the issue on the receiving side, but not on the repeater side. Repeater still stays keyed up.

I enabled end code and status bit and it seems to move on now, though the carrier remains.

ems170

Feed Provider
Glad it worked for all of you. DR you probably don't want to enable status bits, as you will not hear the channel any time a status bit is used i.e. patches, emergency activations, etc.

Glad it worked for all of you. DR you probably don't want to enable status bits, as you will not hear the channel any time a status bit is used i.e. patches, emergency activations, etc.
Duly noted. If I find out more about why the freq. (853.075) is hanging, I'll advise.

As of now - they are still in denial.

Thank you, Sir!

APX7500X2

Sometimes the radio service puts one of the channels like that to screw with scanner listeners.
a major trunking system in the state has done it in the past and loves to watch people freak out on here.
The people using the system don't see it don't hear it and don't care.

This is also done to do coverage testing sometimes after rebanding, but not normaly in a trunking system as they can use the control channel.

This and the story about the idiot scanner listener who called in about hearing the lojack signal in his car on the scanner and wanted the police to respond are the best stories that go arround the PD dispatch centers

Status
Not open for further replies.