153.02 MHz Carrier

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanningisfun

I am constantly receiving a carrier on 153.02 DCS 115 with no voice. What is this channel for? I can hold on that frequency any time of the day and it is always on.

Jacob

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
Is it like a open mic? If not maybe it is just interference?

cg

Premium Subscriber
I believe it is something to do with ATT/Cingular. They transmit 120 wattsout of Agawam. Unsure what it is though. Call sign WPXM268

chris

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
I was gonna say it was a birdie on the scanner but with the PL showing who knows where it's coming from. Depending where you are, have you checked the surrounding states for that frequency in use?

scanningisfun

I was gonna say it was a birdie on the scanner but with the PL showing who knows where it's coming from. Depending where you are, have you checked the surrounding states for that frequency in use?

It's not a birdie. There are occasional beeps on the frequency. I'm just gonna go with what Chris found.

Jacob

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
The answer is....

WPXM268 New Cingular Wireless, Rptr, 591 N West St, Agawam, 60/120-ERP.

It is this antenna (the only antenna of this type) on the AT&T (Cingular) tower on Provin Mountain in Feeding Hills (Agawam), MA.
Close call hits on the way close to the tower, and at the top of the mountain, the frequency is receiveable without any antenna or RF adaptor on the receiver.
So the answer is its coming from there....

1530200.jpg

scanningisfun

The answer is....

It is this antenna (the only antenna of this type) on the AT&T (Cingular) tower on Provin Mountain in Feeding Hills (Agawam), MA.
Close call hits on the way close to the tower, and at the top of the mountain, the frequency is receiveable without any antenna or RF adaptor on the receiver.
So the answer is its coming from there....

1530200.jpg

You went out and took a picture? Nice.

Jacob

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
Should be off now. The techs resolved the issue with the repeater, which is no longer used.
They found the link-transmitter had shut off, and for some reason, it caused the repeater to key up.

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
WOnder if them thar radio people ever heard of a Time Out timer? 60 seconds would have worked...unless some other gizmo was bypassing it....And if there not using it wouldn't it be nice to release the frequencies....by cancelling the repeater or whole license

Last edited:

scanningisfun

It had been on for quite some time. Every time I went though 150-155 I would get caught on that frequency, and also a POCSAG paging frequency on 152.600.

Jacob

Status
Not open for further replies.