Candlewood Lake Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

boater1212

Hi all,

I am trying to find some radio frequencies for candlewood lake marine patrol but I haven't found any. Does anyone here know of any active ones and possibly what there callsign is? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

p.s. Can a portable scanner be used on a boat or should I just stick with the one in my house?

brndnstffrd

i dont know them as ive never tried to monitor it, but i do remember seeing them somewhere in the database. I dont remember what section they were under or even know if they are still current, but that would be the first place to start, unless someone else who lives in the area can chime in.

ecps92

Connecticut DEP - Scan New England Wiki ;)

Hi all,

I am trying to find some radio frequencies for candlewood lake marine patrol but I haven't found any. Does anyone here know of any active ones and possibly what there callsign is? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

p.s. Can a portable scanner be used on a boat or should I just stick with the one in my house?

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
I don't think there's no law against having a scanner on a boat in the US, but I think there's one against having a marine base station onland/inland without being FCC licensed.

If you do take it onboard, just make sure it doesn't go overboard. :)

ecps92

Having a base station is not illegal. (Which is being used to RX)

Transmitting on an unlicensed base station would be illegal. :cool:

I don't think there's no law against having a scanner on a boat in the US, but I think there's one against having a marine base station onland/inland without being FCC licensed.

If you do take it onboard, just make sure it doesn't go overboard. :)

badgers215

Lake Patrol Radio Frequencies

I know Candlewood Lake Authority and Lake Housatonic Authority Marine Patrols share a talk group on the CSP system which they mostly use to communicate with DEEP dispatch in Hartford. They use 800 numbers as their call signs. I believe 850 and below are Lake Housatonic units and 850 and above are Candlewood Lake units. The frequency listed on here for the Lake Housatonic Authority is no longer used.

cg

Premium Subscriber
From the Association minutes over the last couple months, they are getting two new boats and trying to hire 6 new patrollers for a total of 12.

chris

gallagher073

Brookfield police Marine patrol also uses Brookfield police frequency during the summer when they are on the candlewood lake

Incorrect, Lake Lillinonah Authority uses the Brookfield Police Channel as they are Brookfield Police Officers.
Candlewood Lake Authority is a separate agency.

Status
Not open for further replies.