CT Transit

Status
Not open for further replies.

leadjammer

Does anyone out there know the new frequencies for CT Transit in the New Haven area. RR has the new frequencies for Hartford and New Britain but nothing for New Haven. I believe they are digital now. The old frequencies for CT Transit in New Haven are no longer in use. The database needs to be updated with the new digital frequencies for New Haven.

awasser1

Premium Subscriber
did you try putting anyone the New Haven Area CSPERN freq in without on search instead of scan for talkgroups to see if CT Transit appears?

cg

Premium Subscriber
You would need CSERN and not CSPERN
For New Haven, try Site 20 or 21. You can do a CC only search from 769-775MHz and see what you get.

chris

awasser1

Premium Subscriber
sorry i always get those acroymns mixed up. I was thinking the correct one

You would need CSERN and not CSPERN
For New Haven, try Site 20 or 21. You can do a CC only search from 769-775MHz and see what you get.

chris

leadjammer

Can't search with my Home Patrol so I tried searching with my 396xt with no luck. The channels are out there somewhere but no one seems to know them. Used to pick them up very easily in the past on UHF. Thanks for your help anyway. I'll keep trying.

APX7500X2

Can't search with my Home Patrol so I tried searching with my 396xt with no luck. The channels are out there somewhere but no one seems to know them. Used to pick them up very easily in the past on UHF. Thanks for your help anyway. I'll keep trying.

I listened to them today for a while, not very exciting. The Database has all the info correct. They come in loud and clear in Hamden at Walmart

leadjammer

Thanks for the info but can I ask where you see CT Transit for the New Haven area in the data base? I only see Hartford and New Britain listed under CT Transit. I think I'm missing something here.

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
So has anyone monitored the bus drivers conversations,it has to be somewhat boring unless there is an incident on board ,I looked at the busses in Waterbury and do not see any antennas on them so I am wondering if they have radios or not

leadjammer

They always had radios in the past. When they were on UHF I would listen every morning especially in the winter to find out which streets in New Haven were passable after a snowstorm. I just don't know if they are digital now or on some other frequency that I can't seem to find. I don't see them listed anywhere in the data base. They stopped transmitting on the UHF frequency shortly after moving into their new building on State Street in New Haven. Their old frequency of 452.725 listed in the data base under Transit in New Haven County is no longer active and hasn't been for a long time.

APX7500X2

They always had radios in the past. When they were on UHF I would listen every morning especially in the winter to find out which streets in New Haven were passable after a snowstorm. I just don't know if they are digital now or on some other frequency that I can't seem to find. I don't see them listed anywhere in the data base. They stopped transmitting on the UHF frequency shortly after moving into their new building on State Street in New Haven. Their old frequency of 452.725 listed in the data base under Transit in New Haven County is no longer active and hasn't been for a long time.

OK I see the issue, You have to listen to the P25 CSERN TRS to listen to CT transit, they are digital.

TGs as follows

Bus-1 4011
Bus-2 4012
Bus Repair- 4014

cg

Premium Subscriber
This is what I have determined from my monitoring:
All the CT Transit TGIDs on CSERN are 50xx. Each division has 10 talkgroups. Hartford is 500x, Stamford is 501x, Waterbury is 502x, and New Britain is 503x. South East area Transit (SEAT) is assigned 506x but is still on the 800MHz CSP system and is using the old 40xx TGIDs.

50x0 - ATG
50x1 - Bus 1
50x2 - Bus 2
50x3 - Supervisor
50x4 - Maintenance
50x5 - Facilities
50x6 - unknown
50x7 - unknown
50x8 - unknown
50x9 - Emergency

chris

leadjammer

I guess the New Haven area is not in the database because my Home Patrol is not picking up any transmissions. Only Hartford and New Britain are in the database.I will try again with my 396XT. Thanks for the info. I guess nothing is simple anymore.

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
I added the submitted TGs to the DB today. If there is anything else missing, let me know.

Thanks,
-- Mike

leadjammer

Still haven't recieved a thing on the New Haven bus channels 4011 or 4012 that were recently uploaded to the database.. Has anyone picked up anything on these two channels? I'm using two scanners and nothing on either. Maybe its my location.

cg

Premium Subscriber
Likely nothing wrong with your scanner, 64176 (4011) and 64192 (4012) were only temporary talkgroups on the 800MHz CSP system. Same traffic moved to 5011 & 5012 TGs on the 700MHz CSERN system.

chris

leadjammer

I'm not picking anything up on 5011 or 5012 either. Is anyone actually picking up New Haven on these talkgroups? Once again, maybe its just my location. Not quite sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.