Med 42 Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Med 42 is used here in the valley to patch in to Griffin hospital. Lately though, I've been hearing car-to-car talk on it. Ambulances giving each other updates, status updates etc. Anyone else hearing this?

Manny

emtprt

Premium Subscriber
Med 42 is used here in the valley to patch in to Griffin hospital. Lately though, I've been hearing car-to-car talk on it. Ambulances giving each other updates, status updates etc. Anyone else hearing this?

Manny
The Valley Med channel 42, is occasionally used when BLS units update or want to communicate with the VEMS or other ALS units. Another coordination channel is in the works.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

APX7500X2

Med 92 is up and running from the same site for just as long as 42 has been there, but its not used much...last week it was patched to med-9,1,10,102 for a while but its back off now.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
The Valley Med channel 42, is occasionally used when BLS units update or want to communicate with the VEMS or other ALS units. Another coordination channel is in the works.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Another channel in the valley area?

Med 92 is up and running from the same site for just as long as 42 has been there, but its not used much...last week it was patched to med-9,1,10,102 for a while but its back off now.

Ansonia used it this week during their yearly crash demonstration at the high school. Lifestar paid a nice visit.

Manny

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
My head is spinning at times....

The Med Channel Assignments are just a mess now.

It seems like a free for all with no intervention !!!

Yeah,I hear ya. What I can't understand too is all the constant switching. Med 4 was being used for St. Raph's patching.Then I heard them on med 6 for a few days and med 7 was Yale. Med 7 was used for Yale for a long time, then it went to med 6. What the heck is going on? Med channel assignments are like flavor of the day type of thing these days. Southcentral CMED never used to switch THAT much. Then of course med 5 was AMR dispatch full time for a while until they moved to where they are now. As you saw in my original post, med 42 has been consistently used for patches to Griffin, but lately it is not uncommon to hear status updates and / or car to car conversations although med 92 is available as APX pointed out. I don't get it...:roll:

Manny

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.