Subase

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolrich55

Article in The Day states that as of Sept. 20 dispatch for PD and FD will be moved to a consolidated center in Virginia. If you thought moving the CSP dispatch out of the area was a bad idea (which didn't last long anyway) you have to think this is insane.

Priority-One

Anonymous participant
Banned
They do the same for the Federal protective service and a few other 3 letter agencies.
If my memory serves correct, they use a mega center in Colorado?

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
This has been delayed and delayed and delayed and now it comes to reality. This should be interesting given that they are dispatched ... but not really ... by GFA.

While GFA does announce the Navy units in their dispatch, they are not really dispatched by GFA. NLON is the last Navy FD to move to a centralized dispatch in the country.

sefrischling

They do the same for the Federal protective service and a few other 3 letter agencies.
If my memory serves correct, they use a mega center in Colorado?

That is very different than a fire department serving a local area, all day, every day, including EMS into the surrounding town, and the area FAST Team. Local knowledge comes in far handier in day to day localized emergency dispatch.

the ATF, ICE, USMS do not do patrols in local areas, nor are they integrated into the local regular public safety response.

sefrischling

Steve are we able to listen to the system still???

You can still listen, but their system is terrible. There are a number areas of Groton where you cannot hear the system, even though the base is in Groton. A few weeks ago they were operating Mutual Aid to Groton City and their radios couldn't make the trip back to their dispatch.

The system remains Phase I for the moment, operating on

Dispatch remains on TG 27828. TG 27832 is their simulcast of Groton Fire Alarm

Status
Not open for further replies.