MED 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

leadjammer

Noticed a bit more activity on Med 10 lately with AMR units calling dispatch asking which hospital, York St. or Chapel St. patients should be transported to. Don't know how the dispatcher would know. Are the ER's in touch with MEDCOM with ER information on how busy they are? I always thought patients had a choice which hospital they want to be transported to.

simfire479

Premium Subscriber
It is a trial program they are doing. There is a Yale nurse in medcom which can see how busy either hospital is in the ED. They recommend which hospital to go to depending on wait times. But ultimately the patient has the right to make the final decision on which one they go too.

leadjammer

No noise on MEDCOMS Med 10 in New Haven. Especially since they have been using it a bit more of late but noise and dead air I have not heard.

joetnymedic

Feed Provider
I have not heard any issues on Med 10 for medcom and I listen to them everyday. I will say that the medcom dispatch channel has some issues. Two come to mind immediately. First off there is an open carrier on the channel a lot. And secondly I'm pretty sure it's probably Long Island but they have what sounds like either a fire department or a police department that dispatches a Fire Department blowing the local signal out of the water. The open carrier is definitely coming from dispatch here. And sometimes and I know this is normal the overlapping signal comes through if medcom pretty much just let go of the mic which is probably because the repeater is open still at that time.

To keep on track from the original post. I have heard this going on for roughly about a month and a half maybe even a little longer . I didn't realize that they were calling in to the hospital. I thought they were calling into medcom to find out if they were able to take a patient to Yale or if they had to divert to the Saint Raphael's campus.

Status
Not open for further replies.